It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2004, 09:07 PM   #1
Inactive

Jen2003 HB User
Detox Diet and Antibiotics

Hi - I started having terrible eye problems last year and was ultimately diagnosed with an incurable disease called ocular rosacea. I was put on the antibiotic doxycycline last August and will continue to be on this drug until next April (not too happy about this). This antibiotic has really helped me a lot and my eyes are much better now, but I have major concerns about being on this drug for so long and its effects on my overall health. I just started learning about detox diets, cleanses and fasts and am very interested in trying one of these to help my body get "clean" after this long-term antibiotic use. But I have several questions and was wondering if anybody with experience could offer me some advice. First of all, I want to do a detox diet that includes ONLY fresh fruit and vegetables (the vegetables will be cooked - not raw), lots of water/lemon water, tea, cooked cereal in a.m., and a special kind of butter (for essential fatty acids). I won't be consuming any caffeine or processed sugar. Here are some of my questions: Is it okay to start this detox diet while I'm still on the antibiotic? How long should I follow this diet? Is it okay for me to still exercise (run)? I am a very small (5 feet, 98 lbs) 37-year old female and I really don't want to lose any weight on this diet, if at all possible - how can I keep this from happening? Thanks so much for any help. It is truly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread