It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2004, 02:55 PM   #1

ladiehawk00 HB User
how many

How many carbs is a good amount if you exercise daily for atleat 45 minutes. Because I know I can't go on a diet where i cut them out completely because i don't have the will power plus i don't want to, but i can atleast cut out some so I don't eat way to many carbs.

Old 01-13-2004, 05:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Re: how many

Hello, From my personal view point, I really feel it depends on how vigoruous your exercise programs is and what kind of food/carbs. are you talking about. Also, are you looking to keep your weigh, add weight, or loose weight. Junk food would be a definate no and I include energy bars on my list of junk food. (junk food - candy, cake, cookies, etc.) There's a big difference between a 45 min. walk and a 45 min. run or aerobics. Fruit, and vegies are good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2004, 06:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

It is difficult to give a figure, because it is so individual. But I just wanted to point out that NO low carb plan calls for cutting out ALL carbs. There are a variety of plans - some fail on one but succeed on anothers.

A statement like you don't have the willpower to follow a low carb plan would lead me to believe that carbs are contributing to your weight problem; and I would encourage you to look into low carb plans.

Old 01-18-2004, 01:23 PM   #4

mugal2003 HB User

If you want to cut your carbs, try cutting your simple carbs(sugar, candy, cookies, etc) and just try to focus on the complex carbs, such as your fruits, veggies, etc. I do about 3 miles a day on the treadmill and I usually eat some carbs before I go on for the energy, but that's just me, I find that my body responds that way when I do eat complex carbs. The only carbs I basically eat is cereal, like Raisin Bran, Kashi, Atkins Cereal, anything with fiber in it. It gives me an energy boost and it keeps me full. But everyone's body responds differently, so you may just have to test different types of carbs to see how your body reacts. Focus on lean protein, veggies, and water if you need to lose weight or maintain.

Closed Thread