It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2004, 10:14 AM   #1

fear_no_foe HB User
Fatigue

I am an 18 year old male who has had fatigue for a while now and have tried everything but diet for answers (fingers crossed!!!) Ever since i had glandular fever (a year ago) i have been tired ever since, no matter how long i sleep or how little i do. Obviously it is significantly worse if i am out at college or whereever but it is still present if im at home watching tv.

What i would like to know is if someone could reccomend decent foods to eat which provide energy? Fruit any good? Iv heard carbohydrates are ok, but what products?

Thanks in advance
Regards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 12:47 PM   #2

cloverberry HB User
Re: Fatigue

first of all you should be checking with a doctor. How's your iron intake? A low iron count can cause fatigue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 11:43 PM   #3
Inactive

Tlarnla HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear_no_foe
What i would like to know is if someone could reccomend decent foods to eat which provide energy? Fruit any good? Iv heard carbohydrates are ok, but what products?
Some specific foods that are considered good for combatting fatigue include bonito, pork, asparagus, okra, onions, leeks, green peppers, garlic, kiwi, pineapple, lemon, and brown rice.

As far as what's best as a carb source, whole grains are the best. Your body takes longer to digest them than "white" versions, so they give you a more steady energy supply. Brown rice is the best of the grains, because of the mineral content.

Old 01-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #4

coleenbee HB User

carbs are good sources of energy if u plan to burn it off (sports, exercise, etc). they are a good fuel for your body, but if u dont put that fuel to use quickly, your body will store it. in the process of storing the energy, carbs can put u to sleep. high protien diet is supposed to help alleviate fatigue.

ive gotten this info from my mom who is a school teacher. at her school they quit giving the kids high carb snacks and started giving them protien snacks, like nuts. she says it helps her kids stay awake in class.

Closed Thread