It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2004, 12:11 PM   #1
(female)

hobbytools HB User
Question Does eating more fruit start making candy and other sweets taste just *too* sweet?

For the past month or so, my partner and I have been eating more fruit and particularly the proverbial "apple a day," raisins, bananas, grapes and oranges in an attempt to eat more healthfully and consume more fiber. Has anyone had the experience that candy starts tasting way too sweet when you're eating more fruit?

One reason I've been semi-concerned about it is because my mom died of pancreatic cancer and said the first thing she noticed was that she didn't much like sweets any more. What makes me think that has nothing to do with my own sense of taste is that my partner is feeling the same way.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Sandy

Old 01-28-2004, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Re: Does eating more fruit start making candy and other sweets taste just *too* sweet?

Hello, Whew, I thought it was just my imagination or that I might be getting old. I also thought that maybe the companies are adding more sugar to their products. Now, I really think that it has to do with laying off the sweets. When you're away from the sweets for a long time, even if you substitute fresh fruit for sweets, those Snicker bars become unbearable. Don't forget that sugar or artificial sweeteners are way more concentrated in sweetness than a plain old piece of fruit. You may also want to get tested for your own piece of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2004, 01:27 PM   #3

wearesiamese HB User
Re: Does eating more fruit start making candy and other sweets taste just *too* sweet?

I don't see why not... I think it would be the same thing as if you were a diet soda drinker for a long time and then tried a regular soda. For me, a regular soda is so sweet and syrupy that it's nauseating to me. I had enjoyed regular soda all my life, and when I first started drinking diet soda, I hated it. Now the opposite is true!

Closed Thread