It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2004, 12:24 AM   #1
Inactive

Nash-t HB User
Trying To Lose So Bad!

Help any body
I been trying to lose weight now for bout 5 years....I tried most all the diets out... the whole nine yards!!.. darn near starve myself to death nothing seems to get this ugly fat off me?? I'm 6'2 240 lbs mostly in my tummy!!! age 45 other wise in pretty good health... the close thing that I have come to helping me lose without starving is the Atkins dieting ! I lost bout 30 lbs on it in about 4 months/ now I'm not loseing anything in bout 3 months? pretty much stay the same 240...but I'am getting tired of eating nothing but meats/eggs/cheese/pork rinds!! sometimes surgar free jello/coolwhip for a treat whoopi ....I know Atkins has a recipes out/books but deserts don't really interest me! non carb foods is all I was told to eat? nothing else period!! then when you get to your weight goal you can start bout 20 Grams of carbs a day...I have that in one meal? go figure?? and if you load up on the carbs the weight comes back??? twice as fast/ I understand how the body works the metabolisum part and how the fat burning starts its affect (keytones)...but here lately it's not had a very good effect on meee?

Who ever made losing weight so hard should be force fed and let them see just how hard it is to lose....I'm so tired of being made fun of it's not funny.

Maybe i should not think like that..I know I did this to myself.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Nash-t; 01-26-2004 at 12:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2004, 04:00 AM   #2
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
Re: Trying To Lose So Bad!

Have you ever had your thyroid tested? I tried to lose weight thru diet and exercise for over 2 years with no results, the fat stayed flabby and the scale didn't budge. It turned out to be a thyroid problem. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have it checked out. Are you eating any soy? That includes soy protien bars, soy is in many of the Atkins products. Soy can interfere with your thyroid gland by slowing it down. Good Luck

Last edited by girlygirly; 01-28-2004 at 05:08 AM.

Old 01-26-2004, 06:53 PM   #3
Inactive

Deep_in_Thought HB User

Nash,
Do you exercise on a regular basis? Eating healthy is a good first step (although, I don't really believe in the Atkin's diet, myself. Of course, I'm not trying to lose weight, but simply trying to tone up.), but you need to combine eating healthy with exercise in order to burn fat and gain muscle tone. Additional muscle tissue will actually help you to lose unwanted fat weight, as it speeds up your metabolism.

Colleen

Old 01-28-2004, 09:41 PM   #4

Shane S HB User

Starving yourself will mess up your metabolism, thus causing weight loss to be harder. Eat several small meals a day in moderation. Keep below maintenance but not to the point where you're barely eating anything.

Closed Thread