It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2004, 05:15 PM   #1

sweetie_19 HB User
Question Low Carbs?

Hey everyone!!! I have been on a diet for about 3 weeks now and I've lost 10 pounds....I am trying to cut back on the carbs...Does anyone know any good low carb foods?

Also, my mom has been on a diet then after she lost 20 pounds she stopped...it's been going on for about a month now? what causes this? what can she do to start losing again?

Thanks so much!

Old 02-04-2004, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User
Re: Low Carbs?

Im not sure why she is not. I lost 50lbs and now it seems i just stay at 185 everyday. I think it might be due to my weight lifting (muscle > fat). So if she is weight lifting it could be the muscles. Or she needs to change up her exercise routines, because your body will get use to the same thing over and over. Other than that i am not sure, somone might be able to help you kmore than me. GL to you and her.

Last edited by dfwgoodguy; 02-04-2004 at 11:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2004, 10:15 PM   #3
Inactive

Nash-t HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie_19
Hey everyone!!! I have been on a diet for about 3 weeks now and I've lost 10 pounds....I am trying to cut back on the carbs...Does anyone know any good low carb foods?

Also, my mom has been on a diet then after she lost 20 pounds she stopped...it's been going on for about a month now? what causes this? what can she do to start losing again?

Thanks so much!
I CAN'T THINK OF ANY GOOD LO CARB FOODS...LOL THERE ALL BAD...NAH JUST KIDDIN YA.
all non breaded meats/fish/poultry are lo carbs cheese/ cream cheese/ eggs/pork-rinds/or 0 carbs.... theres not much foods that don't have carbs I always look on the back at the menu ingredients carb counter/nutrition info/ guide at the grocery store.
I figure watching out on the high carb foods is a lot eazier than counting calories? its very hard to find lo carb foods.....but if you can live on the foods I mention you will lose weight...I'm not saying for you to go on the Atkins D but if you do go on a lo carb diet always take a high potency multivitamin/multinmineral supplement/ and of course always consult your Dr before starting on any type of Diet!

Srtrawberrys are lo carbs and coolwhip is pretty lo carbs long with sugar free jello mix up with ice in a blender makes a pretty good lo carb custerd!

I understan that by eatting hi carb foods it makes your metabaloisum go up and your insulnin level rise and that makes you hungry and therefore you eat more and stay hungry after about an hour or two after a meal

The Atkins D is pretty good I been on it and I've lost bout 40 lbs and I feel better/ but the Atkins D is not for everyone depends on your health I think? I like the Atkins because it's the only Diet I found that you can eat as much as you want or until your full and you still lose weight non carbs or lo carbs that is!!! some weeks I lose and some weeks I don't but I'm just glad I don't (gain that is).....lol.......after I get to my weight goal I think I'll get out the old camera and start taking pics incase that old fat comes back to haunt meee lol....
Good Luck on your Diet I hope you lose and its all safe for you and you look and feel beautiful and get down to what you want.

Last edited by Nash-t; 02-04-2004 at 10:23 PM.

Old 02-05-2004, 11:57 AM   #4

sweetie_19 HB User

Thank you so much for your replies!!!! I really appreciate it!

Closed Thread