It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2004, 12:14 PM   #1
(male)

GetGhostNucca HB User
High calorie, low fat

I posted in the exercise&fitness section about my problem. I exercise very often and eat 2-3 good sized meals throughout the day. I intended to put on weight(muscle) but I actually lost 5 lbs. The people who replied suggested that I up my calorie intake.

Are there any foods that are high in calories but low in fat? Also, I don't want to stray too far from my high-protein diet. I want to to eat 5-6 small meals throughout the day, the last meal being around 7 pm. Thanks for listening everybody.

Old 02-05-2004, 02:01 PM   #2

mugal2003 HB User
Re: High calorie, low fat

You def. need more calories, since your burning more calories than putting in. The high cal/low fat is a tough one. You may consider protein powders/shakes. My trainer recommended them, and I have looked on some of the boxes. They are usually low in fat, high in protein, and the carbs are usually semi- low. You could mix it in with what you are drinking and eat your normal meals. I would say peanut butter, although it's typically high in fat, but it's the good fat that you need, such as the poly/mono fats. And it's a good source of protein, and it's high in calories. You could either spread on a banana, apple, celery, etc. My brother and I take L-Carnitine and it works wonderfully. It carries your fat intake into the mitochondria(?) and uses it for energy instead of just letting it stray and be stored. It also develops lean muscle mass in yourbody. I've read that it works really well with low carb diets, and generally i take them before I eat/workout. I would say eat nuts also, but again they are typically high in fat, but then again, it's the good fat that we need. Great protein source. That's all I think of at the moment, i hope it gives some idea!! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread