It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 03:06 PM   #1
(female)

angel85 HB User
Trader Joe's Equivalent?

I've read alot about Trader Joe's on this message board, but they do not have a location in my state. I was wondering if anyone living in North Carolina, specifically in either Raleigh or Greenville, knows of an equivalent place to shop. I've noticed an increased organic section in the Kroger where my family shops, but it sounds like Trader Joe's might be less expensive. Being a college student, expense becomes a major factor for me. Thanks in advance for the help.

~angel85

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2004, 09:26 PM   #2
Inactive

SparkleBuggy HB User
Re: Trader Joe's Equivalent?

Trader Joe's is very similar to Wild Oat, or even Whole Foods. Wild Oats is better for organic or natural foods. I hate to tell you this, but organic or natural foods are going to be more expensive than non-organic foods. However, you have to look at it like this, which is more important your health or being cheap? Just thought I would throw that your there! Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2004, 02:21 PM   #3
(female)

angel85 HB User
Re: Trader Joe's Equivalent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleBuggy
Trader Joe's is very similar to Wild Oat, or even Whole Foods. Wild Oats is better for organic or natural foods. I hate to tell you this, but organic or natural foods are going to be more expensive than non-organic foods. However, you have to look at it like this, which is more important your health or being cheap? Just thought I would throw that your there! Good Luck!
Thanks for the info. I generally knew it was going to cost me more to buy these foods, but in comparing prices it just seemed Trader Joe's was less expensive (even though the products themselves were more expensive than their processed counterparts) when comparing "apples with apples," so to speak. Do you know whereabouts Wild oats is, or Whole Foods for that matter? I would love to take a gander the next time I get off campus ^_^

Closed Thread