It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2004, 06:47 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

regime HB User
nutritious ideas for breakfast and lunch....

does anyone have any they'd like to share? I'm sick of eating the same thing everyday. And what are some good ideas for snacks throughout the day? I drink a lot of apple juice (approx 3 or 4 small glasses a day), is that bad?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2004, 10:29 AM   #2

a bear HB User
Re: nutritious ideas for breakfast and lunch....

i usually at work for breakfast so i make a shake out of grinded oats and protein powder. when i'm off work, its usually just oatmeal with added wheat germ and liquid egg whites, a banana and a glass of milk.

lunch is usually chicken or lean red meat or fish or turkey with either veggies, brown rice or sweet potatoes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2004, 02:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

Hello, There's nothing wrong with unsweetened apple juice. It's one of the first juices that is introduced to infants/toddlers. Apple cider, on the other hand, is different. If you drink too much apple cider, you will get diahrea. As far as healthy breakfasts and lunches, everyone has a different idea so here's mine...

Bkf.- half cantalope, oatmeal, warm apple with little brown sugar and wheat germ, banana with PB, berries with home-made whipped cream, (Home made whipped cream really doesn't need sugar if you put a little vanila extract in it.) toast with light cream cheese and jelly, garlic toast, fresh bananas and oranges mixed together, or fresh apples and oranges mixed together.

Lunch - smaller portions of last night's left-overs, salad, chick pea and onion salad, pasta salad, tomato sandwiches, home made roast beef sandwich, boiled chicken sandwich, egg sandwich, or cucumber sandwiches.

Old 02-11-2004, 07:09 PM   #4
(female)

angel85 HB User

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but this is my favorite breakfast. It might be a little high in carbs, but I usually eat right after I exercise in the morning and it helps charge me back up. Anywho, I like to eat half a pink grapefruit, about 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt with a little low-fat granola with raisins sprinkled on top. I usually put some fruit on top of the granola, whatever happens to be out that day (I eat in a dining hall at school): banana slices, apples with a little cinnamon, or a canned fruit (light/no syrup prefferably). A bowl of bran flakes with banana slices and skim milk tastes really good to ^_^. An egg along with this is good for some more protein (although I usually refuse to eat the eggs they prepare in my dining hall -_- yuck!)

I can't really give you any examples from my lunches. . .I don't really eat "lunch" per se. I just snack on various things throughout the afternoon: fresh fruits and vegetables, slices of low-sodium lunch meats, a little peanut butter, some california rolls, etc.

Closed Thread