Check the nutrition label to determine which cereals can best meet the recommended total fiber intake of 25-35 grams a day (for adults).
Some high fiber cereals (usually those made from bran):
- Post 100% Bran (1/3 cup = 8 g)
- General Mills Fiber One (1/2 cup = 14 g)
- Kellogg's All-Bran Extra Fibre & All-Bran Bran Buds (1/2 cup = 13 g)
- Kellogg's All-Bran Original (1/2 cup = 10 g)
- Kellogg's Raison Bran (1 cup = 7 g)
- Kellogg's All-Bran Bran Flakes (1 cup = 4.3 g)
Other high fiber foods (at least 4-5 g per serving) include flaxseed, yams, whole wheat pasta, kidney beans, lima beans, almonds, dried figs/dates/prunes, avocados, and pears.