It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2004, 02:54 PM   #1

dinhtran HB User
Question 9 Months Later 30 Lbs. Gained?? Post Prego

Geez, I don't know if I can even qualify myself for post prego. I just wanted to ask some of you if any of you ladies felt crappy after having a 30 lb. weight gain? I am so fatigued all the time and its making me depressed. I can't blame it on the baby either b/c I have someone helping me watch her.

My blood work is all normal including diabetes and thyroid. Someone please help me out here.

Thanks so much

DT

Old 02-22-2004, 12:11 PM   #2
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: 9 Months Later 30 Lbs. Gained?? Post Prego

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinhtran
Geez, I don't know if I can even qualify myself for post prego. I just wanted to ask some of you if any of you ladies felt crappy after having a 30 lb. weight gain? I am so fatigued all the time and its making me depressed. I can't blame it on the baby either b/c I have someone helping me watch her.

My blood work is all normal including diabetes and thyroid. Someone please help me out here.

Thanks so much

DT
Cut out all the whites: sugar, flour, bread, pasta, rice, potatoes (in fact, cut out all the highly processed junk that has no real food value..this includes margarine, box dinners, fast food) and cut back on caffeine, alcohol, stop sodas. Increase daily water intake, eat lean protein, whole grains, salads, fresh vegetables, fruits low on glycemic index, eating every 2-3 hours (frequent small meals) is better than 3 big meals. And cut back on dairy, especially milk. (A nutritionist I know once said the quickest way to gain weight is to increase dairy consumption.)
Buy a minitrampoline and do 5 minutes of gentle bouncing. Work up to 100 gentle jumping jacks.

And laugh a lot! It not only burns calories, it makes you feel good!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread