It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2004, 08:07 AM   #1
(female)

angel85 HB User
Question Recipe help

Hey everybody ^_^

My friend is a low carb person and he wants to try baking with Splenda to see how things turn out, so I said I'd help find some recipes for him and we'd try baking them this week. We live on campus and usually subsist off our respective meal plans, so I don't want to get a bunch of ingredients he's really not going to use again. I was looking at making some macaroons or something similar perhaps. I'm trying to keep the fat down as well, although I don't know if that's possible since we'd already be substituting for the sugar. Any suggestions or tips would be welcome.

Thanks.

angel85

Old 02-22-2004, 11:14 AM   #2
Mara

Re: Recipe help

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel85
Hey everybody ^_^
My friend is a low carb person and he wants to try baking with Splenda to see how things turn out, so I said I'd help find some recipes for him and we'd try baking them this week. We live on campus and usually subsist off our respective meal plans, so I don't want to get a bunch of ingredients he's really not going to use again. I was looking at making some macaroons or something similar perhaps. I'm trying to keep the fat down as well, although I don't know if that's possible since we'd already be substituting for the sugar. Any suggestions or tips would be welcome.Thanks.angel85
Meringue treats and angelfood cake for starters, since the primary ingrediant is egg white. Using various extracts &/or the zest of orange and lemon helps flavor. Splenda offers recipes you could look into for starters. Lemon or orange sherbert, ladyfingers, tarts...Happy hunting

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread