It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2004, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

curious1979 HB User
NEW to SBD

OK. I KNOW I need to go buy the book, but can someone give me an idea of what I can and can't have for the first 2 weeks of SBD? Tomorrow is the 1st of the month, so I HAVE to start something tomorrow. I am currently 233, 5'10. For now, I would like to get down to 190 by June. Is this a reasonable goal? Please help.

Old 03-02-2004, 08:56 AM   #2
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: NEW to SBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious1979
OK. I KNOW I need to go buy the book, but can someone give me an idea of what I can and can't have for the first 2 weeks of SBD? Tomorrow is the 1st of the month, so I HAVE to start something tomorrow. I am currently 233, 5'10. For now, I would like to get down to 190 by June. Is this a reasonable goal? Please help.
I lost 50 pounds in 5 months on the Fat Flush Plan, so I think your goal is do-able. Don't know anything about SBD, though. I think you have to read the book to do it well. Shortcuts rarely work, over time.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2004, 10:06 AM   #3
(female)

curious1979 HB User

What is the Fat Flush Plan?

Old 03-02-2004, 10:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User

Quote:
Curious 1979,
I have just started the South Beach diet today. I don't have the book yet, but here is what I know. Absolutely no bread, potatoes, starch vegetables, fruit, sugars the first 2 weeks. For breakfast I had two scrambled eggs and bacon. For lunch I am having a HUGE salad with salad dressing and some veg.soup minus the potatoes and carrots. I will have some peanuts and a diet coke for a snack and tonight I am making grilled salmon and brocolli. Its a lot like the Atkins diet in the beginning. I am 5'3" and 203 lbs. I have a goal of 135 by the end of 2004! Good luck!

Old 03-02-2004, 11:12 AM   #5
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
See my answer to your question posted @ weight loss board: [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=154204[/url]

Old 03-02-2004, 01:24 PM   #6
(male)

davitude HB User

All of these "new" diets aren't really new at all. The authors just borrow one principle from here and another from there (mainly Atkins and The Zone). Maybe they add a couple of tweaks of dubious effectiveness. Then they repackage it as their own, and if the marketing is good enough, they make millions of dollars.

That being said, at least the ideas are basically sound and people who need help can get it. I would recommend doing a search on SBD along with some keywords like breakfast, meals, etc. And whatever the names of the phases are. Maybe you can figure it out from there without buying the book.

This plan is nothing new (any more than putting chevy fenders on a ford would be a new car), and while I don't recommend direct copyright infringement, I believe this information should be free to those who need it.

Good luck to you. No matter what you decide, the most important thing is that you're successful (even if you pad someone's bank account in the process).

Old 03-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #7
(female)

curious1979 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitude
All of these "new" diets aren't really new at all. The authors just borrow one principle from here and another from there (mainly Atkins and The Zone). Maybe they add a couple of tweaks of dubious effectiveness. Then they repackage it as their own, and if the marketing is good enough, they make millions of dollars.

That being said, at least the ideas are basically sound and people who need help can get it. I would recommend doing a search on SBD along with some keywords like breakfast, meals, etc. And whatever the names of the phases are. Maybe you can figure it out from there without buying the book.

This plan is nothing new (any more than putting chevy fenders on a ford would be a new car), and while I don't recommend direct copyright infringement, I believe this information should be free to those who need it.

Good luck to you. No matter what you decide, the most important thing is that you're successful (even if you pad someone's bank account in the process).

LOL!!! Thanks so much to everyone.

Closed Thread