It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2004, 05:20 PM   #1

alwaysgod2 HB User
Can't get Full

Im not the type of person that justeats and eats and eats. but for the past 2 days i justcant seem to get full. And i know that when ever u have a craving for something, most the time its ur bodys way saying u need the nutriton from that food item. But thats only if u TRUELY crave it. Anyway, i thought maybe my body is needing some calories or something. I dont know. but if this keeps happening i feel im gonna put on weight. Does anybody know whats wrong??

Old 03-04-2004, 04:13 AM   #2
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
Re: Can't get Full

Give us an example of what you eat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2004, 01:05 PM   #3

alwaysgod2 HB User

well i usually have aslice of toast with a tbs of peanut butter for breakfast, and some kind of veggie. Then for lunch i eat a salad and pretzels. On the bus i drink fruit juice to kind of give me a sugar kick with out all the sugar. When i get home i eat a lttle snack like celery or something around that. We eat supper(which i cook so its health oriented) and i find myself snacking at night which isnt good, but its usually like fat free pop corn or something. I dont usually feel deprieved of food. usually im pretty full through out the day. So i dont know whats wrong...

Last edited by alwaysgod2; 03-04-2004 at 01:06 PM.

Old 03-05-2004, 12:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

I don't know how big your supper is, or your salad at lunch... but it doesn't sound like very much food - I myself I eat very little and I guess you eat the kinds of foods that I eat.
Sometimes i find when i drink fruit juice it does give me the sugar kick for a while but later I feel hungry. But I still think fruit juice is healthy, I just don't think it will fill you up for a long time.

Are you underweight?

Kathrin

Old 03-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #5

alwaysgod2 HB User

Well my salad is like a usual salad u would get in a resturant. Like 2 cups some meat and tomatoes. I usually dont eat all of it though. And i use half my thing of light dressing...so like a teaspoon of that. Supper; i dont eat any starch at night, so its a little meat and veggies. I dont feel im underweight and my weight is in range with everything. IM 125lbs at 5'4 and the underweight is if u hit 123. But some ppl think i am. I think its just cuz i dont have a lot of fat on me because im toned. i dont now, but if it doesnt stop i know im not gonna look like this longer...

Old 03-05-2004, 02:50 PM   #6
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysgod2
Well my salad is like a usual salad u would get in a resturant. Like 2 cups some meat and tomatoes. I usually dont eat all of it though. And i use half my thing of light dressing...so like a teaspoon of that. Supper; i dont eat any starch at night, so its a little meat and veggies. I dont feel im underweight and my weight is in range with everything. IM 125lbs at 5'4 and the underweight is if u hit 123. But some ppl think i am. I think its just cuz i dont have a lot of fat on me because im toned. i dont now, but if it doesnt stop i know im not gonna look like this longer...
Sounds to me like you aren't eating enough lean protein. You should eat 10-12 oz cooked weight per day, or you're going to feel real hungry!

Old 03-06-2004, 08:22 PM   #7
(male)

davitude HB User

Saying you "can't get full" is disturbing. Are you never full? Is it because you are perpetually dieting, so that you don't ever eat enough to get full? You said that you're not the type who eats and eats, but now you suddenly can't get full?

It's just that I've heard that exact phrase before many times.
It usually means one of three things:

1) You've been on a very low calorie diet
2) You've been sick, and couldn't eat properly for a week or so
3) You have or are recovering from an eating disorder (bulemia)

If you can't get satisfied, no matter how much you eat and one of these apply to you, then that is actually a natural response. If they do not, then see your doctor immediately. It is not a simple macronutrient/vitamin deficiency.

There is a big difference between a craving and an insatiable appetite.

I was thinking maybe you were just in a growth spurt. But even then, you would get full and just be hungry sooner. Is it more like that?

Actually, I don't think so. I've never heard a gangly teenager say he couldn't get full...just that it took a whole box of donuts downed with a gallon of chocolate milk to do it. And that type of person wouldn't come within 10 feet of a diet board, anyway.

Keep us posted...

Last edited by davitude; 03-06-2004 at 08:26 PM.

Old 03-07-2004, 05:20 AM   #8

alwaysgod2 HB User

well i eat a lotof lean meat so i dont know if its that.
Im not on a diet of any kind. I dont believe in "dieting" because i think they dont work in the long run. Of the three things, the only one i can think of is the low calorie thing, because if i added up all my calories im pretty sure they dont add up to how much i burn. Yea itsmorelike that. I can get completly stuffed after i just ate a wwwwhole bunch, but then like 20 minutes later im hungry again. And i never really thought of agrowth spurt. I thought i was done growing cuz i havent grown since last year. I dont know. But thanks for responding.
Ashley
PS Just thought id say, that this is a health site, not just a diet board. Most teenagers dont care about there health but i do, and i find this entire site very helpful.

Last edited by alwaysgod2; 03-07-2004 at 05:22 AM.

Old 03-07-2004, 12:13 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

I mean, you can always get yourself checked by a doctor, there are many health reasons that would cause those symptoms too (withour wanting to scare you!) Hyperthyroidism or diabetes for example. Are you thirsty a lot too?

But if you say you think it's the low calorie thing, that's a very likely explanation as well.

Kathrin

Old 03-07-2004, 03:11 PM   #10

alwaysgod2 HB User

yea im always thirsty, but i dont think its diabetis or anything. U cant be hypoglcemic and diabetic at the same time, and im hypoglycemic. So i dont know. I actually havnt been hungry today, so i think its over which is good. SMy mentor thinks it was just a growing spurt. Thanks for yalls time, sorry to busy you.

Old 03-12-2004, 09:08 AM   #11

chimpy HB User

I don't understand what your eating that you fear is going to make you put on weight. It sounds like you have a very good diet. When you feel hungry do you go eat chips and Snickers? What's the point of this post?

Are you afarid you're going to attack an icecream stand?

Last edited by chimpy; 03-12-2004 at 09:10 AM.

Old 03-12-2004, 12:55 PM   #12

alwaysgod2 HB User

no thats what i usually would eat. But lately ive been going for the junk and just eating and eating and eating. its kinda stopped now but...i dont know. Its hadsome affect obviously because 2 weeks ago i weighed 123 and now im at 127. So....

Old 03-13-2004, 10:57 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

How are you doing now, do you still feel you can't get full or was that only temporary?

Kathrin

Old 03-13-2004, 01:44 PM   #14

alwaysgod2 HB User

kinda, im still eating a lotmore than usual, but its not as bad. I can at least stay full now, or feel like it. Ive come down to the conclusion i was a) on a growing spurt b) just bored and having nothing else to do but eat or c) wasnt getting enough calories for my body. i dont know. But now im worrying myselfbecasue ive gained weight and all that junk, and i have to eat more now to get full for some reason. Do u think maybemy stomach streched. because i heard that if u eat to much like stuff urself ur stomach can stretch out.

Old 03-14-2004, 12:30 PM   #15
(male)

davitude HB User

AlwaysGod2, you have to be honest with us if you want to get real help. No one is here to judge you and no one knows who you are. Many of us look at other categories on this board. If you are ashamed of something, then thats a surefire indicator of a problem. There are a lot of good-hearted people on this board who genuinely want to help you, but you have to be upfront with us.

Closed Thread