It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 11:35 AM   #1

DelBubbles HB User
how do i gain weight?

i'm wondering how do i gain weight? i eat a lot through my day and still don't gain a pound? what's wrong w/me? and can i change this?

Del

Old 03-09-2004, 01:50 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

smartgal HB User
Re: how do i gain weight?

Heck, I'll give you 20 pounds! Actually, I've heard that restrictive dieting, then eating large amounts of calories can help you gain weight, but I would check with the doctor first. I don't know how old you are, but with age and a slowing metabolism, you will gain some weight too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2004, 06:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Come to my house.........you'll gain I promise...lol

First off you need to go see a Dr get a check up....make sure you don't have an underlying problem? or one that maybe hidden?. If he does test on you and says that your healthy as a bug...why would you want to gain?

I guess you should try eatting foods that are hi in carbohydrates....Breads cakes pies ice cream cereals with milk sugar....veggies like beans tomatoes carrots... patatos/gravey for plenty of starch/ fats...then your fruits berries bannanas apples pears.....................I can just look at that stuff and gain 20 lbs

simple just double your intake!

If it's not broke...you can't fix it.

Old 03-10-2004, 02:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User

Hi!

I can certainly identify with your desire to gain weight. What I did to gain weight was start drinking milk at dinnertime. An hour before bedtime, I ate a banana.
During the day, I started eating in between meals (pears, apples, cheese sticks) Plus, two hours after breakfast, ate two boiled eggs.

You might look into a protein mix to make into a drink/shake. Add your favorite yogurt and/or fruit.

Good luck!

Old 03-12-2004, 09:00 AM   #5

chimpy HB User

Wow, you ate a banana an hour before bedtime! You are an animal!

All you have to do to start gaining weight it turn 25.

Old 03-13-2004, 07:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Hey Chimpy! That's cute!

You know how you are when young. Couldn't wait that long!

Old 03-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #7

bred HB User

you should do a clean bulk. eat loads of cottage cheese, full fat milk, sunflower seeds, bananas etc. i thought i was a hardgainer (ie i eat loads but was still <10%bf) but i decided to really go for it and eat loads and i gained about 10kg over 6 months (62-72kg) probably about 75% of that was muscle and 25% fat.

Old 03-14-2004, 11:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

Just an FYI. Even tho you may be a hard gainer, keep in mind your cholesterol and health of heart, etc. Still eat healthy foods. With your metabolism, which probably burns even at night, you can afford to eat more calories. Just keep in mind that you don't want to hit the fast foods, junk foods, etc. and ruin your health.

P.S. Enjoy this part of your life! As you get older, and I'm sure you've heard this, you will gain weight! So have fun! Add weight training and you'll look fantastic! If you can afford to, join a gym and use a professional trainer until you know what to do--if you haven't already! Have Fun!

Last edited by californiasunflower; 03-14-2004 at 11:52 AM.

Closed Thread