It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 09:43 PM   #1

wickett HB User
Unhappy Sagging Skin

I turn 29 in 2 months and I recently lost 30 pounds. Problem is, my skin sags worse than my grandmothers. My upper arms sag, my chin looks flabby, my thighs look all puckerd - I looked better before I lost the weight.

I use Palmers Skin firming cream 3/4 times a day. I don't want to resort to surgery and duct tape is too noticable, lol. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Lotions, exercises, ancient skin shrinking potion?

Old 03-10-2004, 01:30 AM   #2
(female)

terrible_static HB User
Re: Sagging Skin

Tone...TONE...TONE!
Working out with light weights will help you SOOOOOOOO much!
When I was in the best shape of my life I worked out with weights 3 times a week and ate fairly well. Everything that was saggy...hardened right up! PERKED UP and looked so much better. Even cellulite seems to diminish. It is the best way to firm saggy skin...short of surgery and who can afford that?
P.S. Congrats on the weight loss...how did you do it? That is one of the biggest obstacles in life and you DID it! Great JOb!

Last edited by terrible_static; 03-10-2004 at 01:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 04:35 AM   #3
Inactive

zip2play HB User

wickett,

Sagging is the curse of weight loss for the young, wrinkles for the "less young ."

As static says, excercise is the ONLY cure (when it works.) With a very large weight loss, often surgery is the only route to a satisfactory look....alas! No creams or gels or massage will do a thing except drain your wallet.

It's sad; we work so hard and the result is less than we'd hoped (I looked older after weight loss- HATED IT!)

Old 03-10-2004, 06:39 AM   #4
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickett
I turn 29 in 2 months and I recently lost 30 pounds. Problem is, my skin sags worse than my grandmothers. My upper arms sag, my chin looks flabby, my thighs look all puckerd - I looked better before I lost the weight.

I use Palmers Skin firming cream 3/4 times a day. I don't want to resort to surgery and duct tape is too noticable, lol. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Lotions, exercises, ancient skin shrinking potion?
In addition to the great advice you've already been given, make sure you are getting fat in your diet (the GOOD stuff, like flax seed oil or grapeseed oil) and try dry skin brushing. In addition to helping the lymphatic system, this technique stimulates the skin and helps tighten things up.
Do a search on dry skin brushing, you'll find tons of info.

best wishes,

charli
203/146/146 on Fat Flush for life and feeling perky to the max!

Closed Thread