It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2004, 07:29 PM   #1

ItailanRDer HB User
Exclamation 2 questions...green tea and Citrus...

Hi, I'm starting to drink one cup of green tea every mourning....will doing this speed up my metabolism? Or do i need to drink more? Also I am taking NAtural diet pills called 'Acceleron' they are said to be no side effects at all and do not contain that ephedera(sp) stuff that can kill you. NOw I know diet pills are dangerous and should not be taken but this is only to speed up my metablism to get me to burn more calories, HOWEVER it does conatin 6% of that citrus ingredient which I heard is just like the ephedera(sp) stuff....could this be dangerous? Should I not take them even though they are natural? Thank you!

Old 03-15-2004, 07:39 AM   #2
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
Re: 2 questions...green tea and Citrus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItailanRDer
Hi, I'm starting to drink one cup of green tea every mourning....will doing this speed up my metabolism? Or do i need to drink more? Also I am taking NAtural diet pills called 'Acceleron' they are said to be no side effects at all and do not contain that ephedera(sp) stuff that can kill you. NOw I know diet pills are dangerous and should not be taken but this is only to speed up my metablism to get me to burn more calories, HOWEVER it does conatin 6% of that citrus ingredient which I heard is just like the ephedera(sp) stuff....could this be dangerous? Should I not take them even though they are natural? Thank you!
Sorry, can't help with your second question but here's info on green tea:
Quote:
Green Tea (Iced or Hot) - Studies have shown that green teas that contain both Cannatic Extract and Gymnemic Acid, reduce absorption of sugar into the blood, and lessen the craving for sweets. More importantly, green tea inhibits the action of amylase, a primary digestive enzyme of carbohydrates, and therefore moves food more quickly through the digestive system, raising the metabolism quicker, and burning more calories. Green tea is best consumed before a meal to aid digestion. Other advantages include links to cancer prevention and health benefits for people with diabetes.
Since you are interested in speeding up your metabolism, why not add some thermogenic spices to your food? Cinnamon is one. So are cayenne, dry mustard, ginger, and garlic. Eating foods seasoned with these spices will rev up your metabolism. Not to mention contributing to a tasty diet.

best wishes,
charli
203/146/146

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread