It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2004, 11:52 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Stop Eatting after 2:00PM??

Anyone ever heard about not eatting anything after 2:00 pm? that you just eat a sinsable breakfast and Dinner....then nothing after 2:PM? other than water/diet coke.
And you will lose weight fast?
I was wondering if this works and is it safe?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2004, 01:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Re: Stop Eatting after 2:00PM??

Hello, Are you sure you don't mean after 6:00PM or 7:00PM? 2:00PM is too early to stop eating. You really need at least 3 meals per day or 6 small meals per day in order to loose weight and stay healthy; otherwise, your body can go into starvation mode and start stashing all the fat and carbs it can, and you'll wind up hitting a pateau and not loosing any more weight. I really think that not eating after 2:00PM would really put your body off balance. Please, don't try to rush nature with a crash diet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2004, 04:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

No its nothing after 2:00 pm......I meant to say you do eat breakfast lunch and then Dinner.
I guess you get up early for breakfast then lunch around 10:00am the Dinner at 1:00pm.....the body is suppose to matablize during the period your not eatting like when you sleep I guess?.I don't really understand this either but a friend of mine Dr put him on it?
he's been on it now about 3 weeks and he has lost 6lbs

Old 03-19-2004, 05:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Still that is wrong. He has probably lost water weight, and might have lost some weight staving himself. But in the long run it will slow metabolism and your fats will be stored because your starving your body. You should not eat after 6 7 or 8. But 2pm is not the way to do it at all, your body needs to constantly be digesting which is helping metabolism. As magpie said that is a crash diet, will only end in more weight gain due to benging and slowed metabolism. All you have to do is eat in moderation and eat 3 nice sized meals a day or 6 small ones throughout the day. The 6 meals is probably the best, keeps your body running.

So to answer your question, this is not a weightloss program your buddy is on, it will end in failure guaranteed.

So don't do it. Read up on these boards, im sure you'll find plenty of info.

Old 03-19-2004, 08:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

oh no I'm not doing it.
I don't think I could if i had to.
I was just wondering bout this is all? never heard that you could lose weight this way? its something bout the body burning fat during the evening hours? he also has to take some type of pills? vitiams maybe?
didn't the "FDA" ban effadera?

ANYWAY THANK YOU ALL FOR THE POST.

Old 03-20-2004, 12:28 PM   #6

dagmarharris HB User

I think it doesn't matter when you eat,,,it is all about calories taken in and expended.
I eat a snack at night, after the gym, and it can be at even 10:00 p.m!! I just know I have worked out, and it is like some fruit or cereal--- even popcorn. I don't like to deprive myself. But I do watch what I eat, and calories.
I tend to eat less for dinner. But I like a lunch that is somewhat filling.
I even eat at fast food, but try to have something healthy. A bean tostada, or a chicken soft taco--- at Taco Bell. It comes down again to calories.
I believe working out is so important. The cardio burns the calories for me.
~dagmar

Last edited by dagmarharris; 03-20-2004 at 12:30 PM.

Old 03-20-2004, 12:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

dfwgoodguy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarharris
I think it doesn't matter when you eat,,,it is all about calories taken in and expended.
I eat a snack at night, after the gym, and it can be at even 10:00 p.m!! I just know I have worked out, and it is like some fruit or cereal--- even popcorn. I don't like to deprive myself. But I do watch what I eat, and calories.
I tend to eat less for dinner. But I like a lunch that is somewhat filling.
I even eat at fast food, but try to have something healthy. A bean tostada, or a chicken soft taco--- at Taco Bell. It comes down again to calories.
I believe working out is so important. The cardio burns the calories for me.
~dagmar
Well if you eat all your calories before 2pm, your body is not gonna digest all of that, so its gonna store. You say you might eat a snack at nighttime, but you also said right after working out. :P Its just better that you don't eat a lot at night cause thats usually when your resting and your body isn't at its max power. I also agree, watching what you eat is not enough, exercise is the only way to go. I notice that when i go without working out i start feeling depression type state. And when i work out i feel better throughout the day and the following day.

When i eat fast food, i don't eat burgers i eat the chicken sandwiches. Wendys spicy chicken sandwich is awesome, its baked so its not all fatty. I usually eat there at least once or twice a day. They also have the side salad for 99 cents which is great. Anyways, exercise is the key (weight training and cardio) but not eating after 2pm, you prolly will not be energized enough to workout, so you'll put it off. (guaranteed)

Anyways, i probably don't know as much as a lot of people, but watching what i eat and not eating after 7 (cheat sometimes) i have lost 60lbs in 7 months. And gained quite a bit of muscle mass, i say i got about 20more lbs to lose and im tight. Everyone has 30mins a day where they can go jog or weight train, even if its just push ups, jumping jacks, crunches whatever. I know sometimes i don't feel like jogging, but it only takes 30mins and when i get home and take a shower i feel great and feels like i didn't just go run for 30mins. The time goes by fast. Good Luck

Just don't go with no fad or crash diets. All about moderation and exercise. its really quite simple and not even a chore once you get past a month or 2. Just gotta stick with it and not give up, i did that so many times till i finally realized i was doing all that work and giving up, now that was a waste of time.

Last edited by dfwgoodguy; 03-20-2004 at 12:51 PM.

Old 03-22-2004, 07:47 AM   #8
Inactive

zip2play HB User

chevyman,

It might work but has lots of drawbacks:
The plus is that, although you're eating 3 meals, neither the 10AM nor the 1PM will be with much of an appetite. Then it's a 16 hour fast.
My guess is that the net effect is a lowered caloric input.

The BIG negative is spending each and every evening listening to a growling stomach and trying to think of anything but FOOOOOD!

Old 04-04-2004, 05:12 AM   #9
Inactive

THX 138 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman
Anyone ever heard about not eatting anything after 2:00 pm? that you just eat a sinsable breakfast and Dinner....then nothing after 2:PM? other than water/diet coke.
And you will lose weight fast?
I was wondering if this works and is it safe?

If you're hungry, you should eat or drink something. Just because you want to eat it doesn't mean you're hungry. I usually eat twice a day. Big lunch(for breakfast ) and at tiny dinner (1 taco, or burito, hot dog). If I'm really hungry in between those time I usualy drink something, and if I'm still hungry, have half a banana or something small like that.

I lost 70 lbs in the past year.

from what I noticed you can achieve some atkins diet effect overnight if you have protien for dinner if you're tummy is empty after that first big meal.

Old 04-05-2004, 07:19 AM   #10

WW1999 HB User

I agree - stopping at 2 p.m. is way too early. I'm having a hard time stopping at 6 p.m.

Closed Thread