It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2004, 09:23 PM   #1

kokabeel HB User
Hunger after eating and lightheaded

For the past few mths i have been feeling kinda lightheaded.when i dont eat sometimes i feel this way and recently i have been feeling hungry even after i eat . i was wondering what it could be, i am 20 yrs old ,female and no one in my family has any mental or phsy problems nor diabetes

Old 03-25-2004, 01:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
Re: Hunger after eating and lightheaded

You may have an ulcer. Instead of pain, some people experience hunger or bloating or vague stomach discomfort often several hours after a meal.
Not sure was the lightheadedness is, but it might be worthwhile checking in with your doctor.

zuzu xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2004, 01:41 AM   #3
(male)

davitude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokabeel
For the past few mths i have been feeling kinda lightheaded.when i dont eat sometimes i feel this way and recently i have been feeling hungry even after i eat . i was wondering what it could be, i am 20 yrs old ,female and no one in my family has any mental or phsy problems nor diabetes
Sounds like classic hypoglycemia.

Old 03-25-2004, 01:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Davitude may be right...but I'd like to add something re: hypoglycemia. Usually with low blood sugar, apart from the hunger, you would most probably also be feeling shaky, nervous (sometimes with tremor), tired, sweaty, cold, confused, irritable or impatient. Do you have any of these symptoms?

Old 03-25-2004, 02:53 AM   #5
(male)

davitude HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzu8
Davitude may be right...but I'd like to add something re: hypoglycemia. Usually with low blood sugar, apart from the hunger, you would most probably also be feeling shaky, nervous (sometimes with tremor), tired, sweaty, cold, confused, irritable or impatient. Do you have any of these symptoms?
The appetite and dizziness came first for me. As far as the others,
I used to get those a lot, too (every freaking one)! Those came later and were from crashes after eating something sweet/starchy, rather than not eating...I actually felt better if I didn't eat, being dizzy is a lot easier to deal with!

I think it may be early for the crashes since she only gets lightheaded sometimes...Kokabeel, any of this stuff sound familiar?

Old 03-25-2004, 06:10 AM   #6
Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

Quote:
yep, hypoglycemia with perhaps low blood pressure thrown in. Start eating better (fresh whole veggies/fruits, lean protein, lots of water. STOP eating white flour, white sugar, pop, alcohol, white pasta, white rice). Eat something every 2-3 hours. Make sure you get a pinch of sea salt in some'res.

best wishes,

charli
highest wt: 233
203/146/146 on the Fat Flush Plan for life and feeling perky to the max

Old 03-25-2004, 06:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Gee, I'm 50, and in the "good old days" feeling light-headed meant your brain was trying to tell you it needed food. Preferably a (get this) "Balanced Diet"!!!
I know, it sounds so silly...

Old 03-26-2004, 01:53 AM   #8

kokabeel HB User

Actually I only get like that whenever the weather changes from cold to hot or back again and i dont eat .if i have gone long periods of time w.o eating i feel lightheaded but thats it im not shaky or anything else.after i had posted i actually took a centrum and drank alot of water and you know what i felt 1000 times better i wasnt lightheaded at all i didnt feel hungry or anything but i had also had somthing to eat right beforehand , maybe i am dehydrated ? i used to eat once a day and ive gone up to 3 or 4 times a day now .maybe i have a vitamin problem? and i dont get pains or anything after eating i just eat really fast i think :/ to fast for my brain to say hey ur eating LOL plus i get like this whenever i get a headcold ..i have really bad sinus problems so that adds to the whole lightheaded thing any more comments would help?

Old 03-29-2004, 06:22 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kathrin74 HB User

Have you gone through a period when you were starving yourself? I am not sure if I understood everything correctly, but it sounds like in the past you have eaten very little?
The reason why I am asking is this: I had anorexia in the past, and after I started eating more again I would often feel hungry even after a meal... like my body wasn't used to it anymore, or was still undernourished just generally.

Have you been checked by a doctor?

Sometimes feeling overly hungry can also be from a disease, like diabetes (you say you don't have that) or hyperthyroidism.

Kathrin

Old 03-29-2004, 07:26 PM   #10

mandi-deg HB User

Quote:
What do you normally eat? Just poor eating habits can contribute to the lightheadedness. I get that way and I am not deficient of any vitamins or minerals, I just dont eat the proper foods. I have also found that my blood sugar doesnt have to be low for me to feel that way. I think it is just your bodies way of saying feed me more and better foods. Dont forget to take vitamins and drink enouigh water every day.

Closed Thread