It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2004, 10:00 PM   #1
(male)

steven2984us HB User
Giving up fruits for mulit-vit pills.

I'm trying to give up foods with sugar-even fruits-because they cause acne in me. my question is, will a mult-vit be enough to replace the nutrition i get from eating fruits?

Last edited by steven2984us; 03-27-2004 at 10:01 PM.

Old 03-28-2004, 04:43 AM   #2
Inactive

zip2play HB User
Re: Giving up fruits for mulit-vit pills.

The problem is more with minerals. You should have no problem if you enhance your diet with vegetables at the expense of the fruit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2004, 07:56 AM   #3
(male)

steven2984us HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip2play
The problem is more with minerals. You should have no problem if you enhance your diet with vegetables at the expense of the fruit.
Which veggies(which i pretty much loathe) have the different minerals that i need.

Last edited by steven2984us; 03-28-2004 at 07:57 AM.

Old 03-29-2004, 01:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

Hello, Are you absolutely sure that fruit is causing the acne? I've heard of acne being caused by eating too much chocolate and junk food due to the refined sugar and fat, but never fruit. Acne is caused by oily skin. The oil clogs up the pores in the skin. You might want to try to wash your face twice a day with soap and water or a face cleanser without any extra oil in it and lay off the face lotions if you're using any.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:53 PM   #5
Inactive

prometheus HB User

Acne is caused by the following, usually in combination. Eliminate all of these and your acne will go away:

Hydrogenated oils
dairy (all dairy and dairy derivatives)
refined/processed/enriched/denatured grains
gluten
cooked eggs
cooked or heated oils
refined sugar, cane sugar
luncheon meats, red meat, and non-organic meats
bad vitamins, other "fortified" foods, other denatured food products.

Multivitamins are no replacements for fruit. You need to actually reenable your body to properly digest natural sugars, such as that in fruit. In order to do this you need to consume more magnesium (from foods, not vitamins).

Last edited by prometheus; 03-29-2004 at 06:56 PM.

Old 03-29-2004, 06:58 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven2984us
I'm trying to give up foods with sugar-even fruits-because they cause acne in me. my question is, will a mult-vit be enough to replace the nutrition i get from eating fruits?

Multivitamins are great as a supplement but never takes the place of the food that we eat. Supplements are water soluable so a lot of them are a waste and just wash out when we pee.

Refined white sugar is bad for your anyway, but fruits, in moderation, are great for you. I can't see how they cause acne. Like someone else said, acne is caused by oily skin. Also, if you are young, then age and hormones play a large part in acne.

I would see a dermatologist for the best advice.

There are a lot of facial scrubs on the market today that help with oily skin.

Old 03-30-2004, 05:24 AM   #7
Inactive

prometheus HB User

acne is caused by sluggish bowel/sluggish liver and magnesium deficiency.

Old 03-30-2004, 09:54 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

injured betty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus
acne is caused by sluggish bowel/sluggish liver and magnesium deficiency.

Seriously?

Old 03-30-2004, 11:10 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

Hello again, I almost forgot about what I did to get rid of some "perminant" pimples on my nose when I was younger. It sounds really crazy and stupid, but it did work. Here's my story....I used to have these annoying pimples in the corners of my nose. I tried everything on the market and only succeeded in drying out my nose. I finally went to a dermatologist when I got a job with benefits. The dermatologist prescribed Retin-A, which ruined my skin and made skin on my nose red and tight. (YUK!) I never went back to see the dermatologist, because the pimples were still there and my nose looked worse. Then I read this "ridicculous" "Dear Abby" letter on how to get rid of pimples the all natural Indian way. I was desparate, tried it, and it worked. I forgot how long it too though.

Anyhow, here's what I did as perscribed in the "Dear Abby" letter....I washed my face as normal in the morning with Noxema. At night; I washed it again, then beat up 1 egg yolk and put it on my face for 10 min., (I took a shower, with the egg yolk on my face but you don't have to.) then I washed the egg yolk off. That's it. My mother-in-law said that the Chinese do the same thing, but only with the egg white to get rid of wrinkles so she understood how it worked. I guess it must have been the natural vitamin A and other vitamins in the egg yolk. It even repaired the damage done to my skin by Retin A. Hope this helps.

Old 03-30-2004, 12:44 PM   #10
Inactive

prometheus HB User

Injured Betty,

Yes. All anyone has to do to get rid of acne for good is get rid of the foods on that list I posted, do a bowel cleanse, and, if necessary, a liver flush, and adopt a diet that favors magnesium. It ends up being something very similar to a paleolithic diet, although you can find whole grains, and they have to actually be whole grains, not stripped or processed or enriched or denatured(in the case of cereals), that do not have gluten, such as "quinoa", and you can't eat cooked eggs or a lot of meat. You want to eat a lot of vegetables, raw nuts, and raw seeds for the magnesium. You want to eat this more than you consume meat, to keep the bowel moving and improve the availability magnesium. This is how I and many others have cured acne. You have to also stop taking medications, like antibiotics, birth control, and aspirins. As long as your doctor says it is ok and you don't have any life threatening illnesses that require that you take medications. But all acne is is a nutritional and metabolic symptom that is easily corrected with a little work. Some people just need more magnesium in their diets than other people do, because of their individual genetic history and these are the people who get symptoms like acne and insulin resistence.

Closed Thread