It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2004, 12:36 AM   #1
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
How to have an athletic body?

As of body fat percentages there are the athletic, in shape, moderate, and obese. I'm probably in the in shape/moderate zone.

These last couple years I just see the fat on the back of my arms and my stomach and my butt. I ALWAYS wish to get rid of it but never have taken the step towards achieving my goal. But these last couple weeks I have felt such motivation to get to it. So... I need help with my diet.

I am currently looking to lose about 15-20 pounds of body fat. I've gained weight this winter from peanut butter and other kinds of nuts, I craved it too much. Plus it makes me bloated.

So I will tell you my diet/exersize plan and you can tell me what you think-

I do some cart pushing and grocery lifting throughout the week-yes its a sad job but it gives me money.

Tae-bo basic 3-4 times a week and Tae-bo advanced 2-3 times a week. So I do Tae-bo about 6 days a week. Just advanced Tae-bo on days I felt I ate too much.

BREAKFAST-

*1/2 cup egg starts, 1 apple, 5 almonds
or
*1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese, peach or 1 cup strawberries, 5 almonds

LUNCH-

*Lettuce, Tomato, Lean meat, Feta w/ homemade low-calorie honey mustard dressing (or light done right raspberry vinagrette, or fat-free zesty italian) and a peach or some sort of fruit
or
*2 cups vegetable stir fry with chicken
or
*1/2 cup squash or yam, (Peas, greenbeans, OR broccoli) and lean meat

SNACK-
*Peach and 1/2 cup cottage cheese
or
*Apple and 5 almonds or organic peanut butter

DINNER
About the same as lunch

SNACK-
*Strawberries and cottage cheese
or
*Pear.. or some fruit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2004, 09:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Re: How to have an athletic body?

Hello, The diet looks great. I do eat more complex carbs than you though like pasta, rice, and bread. People say that stuff is evil, but I need it for energy and I'm slim so I'm not going to change my diet. You might want to post on the exercise board, because there's a really great poster named Naxis. She seems to be very knowledgable about a lot of exercise related topics.

I have found with myself, it's more about exercise. I try to push myself to the limit. (Just don't over do it.) I do exercerise 7 days per week and do get a little upset if I don't have time one day to exercise. Don't forget to do the weight section of the tae bo. That's the key.

How long have you been doing this?

Old 04-10-2004, 05:31 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Black Kat HB User

I would definitely suggest beginning a strength training program, maybe 2-3 days a week. Just make sure that you allow a day in between lifting so your muscles can recover. Remember, muscle burns fat!

Old 04-12-2004, 12:12 AM   #4
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User

One thing that you should remember is that I am a parcel/cart pusher. At our store we have hills.. so its like I'm bench pressing 10 carts. I am sweating pretty much the whole time I am working.. I dont really know how many calories I'm burning but it is quite a bit. It really has its on part in the weight because it uses my legs/butt and arms.

Old 04-16-2004, 04:00 AM   #5

Robert5705 HB User

Drink more water, set up a good weight training/cardio plan. Dont forget to eat this is most important part, if you miss meals your body goes into starvation mode which messes your metabolism up. Keeping your body fueled is the best way to burn fat faster, MOST IMPORTANT THING! Last thing is be patient, body isnt gonna change over night. Take pictures of your body the first day you start and about a month later and so on... This will give you a big boost of confidence and proof to yourself that your body is changing.

Last edited by Robert5705; 04-16-2004 at 04:04 AM.

Closed Thread