It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2004, 02:16 PM   #1
(female)

WHI HB User
Smile Weight Watchers

I am on the Weight Watchers program. It works really good for me, when I stay on the program. I have major problems with food. I like it just too much. I find it really hard to fight my cravings. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Laura

Old 04-01-2004, 02:48 PM   #2

naturalmama HB User
Re: Weight Watchers

Cravings are a very difficult urge to beat. I recommend supplementing your cravings with something else. For instance, if you are craving ice cream have a juice cube instead. I place my most favorite yummy juices into ice cube trays and eat those when I want something fozen and sweet. Try an all natural baked chip or vegie sticks. Try to focus on healthy natural alternatives. if you feel that nothing can replace the taste of what you are really craving you are right. It isn't about matching the taste exactly it is about making healthier choices for your body and discovering new tastes and desires. It has worked for me 2 times so far and soon to be three. I am on my third pregnancy and every time I have had to lose a signifacant amount of weight. You can do it. You have to want it so bad that anything else is unexceptable. P.S. if you really need the treat try to set a goal and limit it to once or twice a month. That gives you a little something to look forward to.
Kia

Last edited by naturalmama; 04-01-2004 at 02:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2004, 06:26 AM   #3

WW1999 HB User

I'm having a hard time too fighting cravings --- I can't seem to stop eating chocolate or anything that belongs sweet in the freezer!!! This past week I thought Saturday would be my eat whatever day but it ended up being for 2 days. Today, I'm back on track - hopefully! It's now 3:25 p.m. and I have 2 points left for the whole day but right now I don't see that coming!! Sorry, I don't have any suggestions -- it's hard for me too!! Maybe someone else will have some for us. Gwendolyn

Old 04-10-2004, 02:23 AM   #4

crittercat HB User

Try not to substitute your craving with another food. By doing that you are creating another craving and not ending why you are having a craving to begin with. If you crave something, allow yourself to have some but force yourself to wait 30 minutes before having it. If you force yourself to wait, you might get busy doing something else and forget about it.

Figure out if your cravings are always about the same time of day and if they are then occupy yourself better at that time. For instance, I always get cravings about 4:30, so I switched my exercise time to 4:00 so I would be busy at 4:30.

The last thing I do is not allow any of that stuff in the house. If it is there it is too tempting to not eat.

Good luck! Weight loss is hard work!

Last edited by crittercat; 04-11-2004 at 01:17 AM.

Old 04-10-2004, 03:53 PM   #5
(female)

Jogaholic HB User

Your cravings will eventually die down once your body gets used to your change in diet. I would suggest starting a new hobby to get your mind thinking about something other than food during the day. When you are preoccupied with something, you're less likely to crave things. If you have a craving for sugar, go for fruits or fruit juices (orange juice is excellent for calcium and vitamin C). Snacking is not a bad thing as long as it is not in excess. Go for healthy snacks: popcorn, frozen veggies, nuts, dried fruit, yogurt. Even a little chocolate is ok sometimes - just eat enough to suppress your craving. Good luck!

Old 04-15-2004, 10:40 AM   #6
(female)

CollegeChick HB User

hey all! i've been on weight watchers since february and have already lost 15 pounds! i still have about 10-15 more before i reach my goal weight. but what i'm wondering is, how does weight watchers do maintenance once you get down to the size you want to be? like, how many points are you supposed to be eating (my goal is 150-155lbs)?
thanks!!!!!

Old 04-15-2004, 11:34 AM   #7

llamamuffinmama HB User

when i'm craving chocolate and nothing else will do, i like to have a glass of chocolate soymilk. or sometimes blend together half a banana, some soymilk, and a few tbsp. of chocolate syrup in the blender. it hits the spot and i don't have to feel guilty afterwards.

Old 04-15-2004, 02:38 PM   #8

lady_grey HB User

My mother is on weight watchers and loves it. She has a hard time as well though because she loves food and esp. bulk food. For her, she does not want to give up the things she loves so she tries to eat bulk of vegetable to fill her up and then had a moderate amount of "junk food" just to get the taste. She loves cooking a lot of vegetables and then putting them over a baked potato so that the plate is full. She then can only eat a small amount of junk food because she is so full but has not used up a lot of her points...does that help..I guess what I am saying is a lot of healthy food (that is low in points) and use moderation with the junk food...

Old 04-16-2004, 06:47 PM   #9

distance7 HB User

you guys suggesting the doing other things.....and not succumbing to fulfilling the craving by any means or food period....
I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!
way to go.....food food food......seriously the emotional and mental engagement with something else to occupy the mind is what's needed. : )

Old 04-20-2004, 01:21 PM   #10

Cyndee HB User

Weight Watchers didn't work for me. I was hungry all the time and I'm sorry, carrots and grapes and pretzels, didn't help. I'm now doing a low-carb, low-fat diet and upped my exercise. I chose healthier snacks which fill me up, such as snacking on almonds and mozz. cheese throughout the day. I do allow myself 1 Godiva chocolate each day b/c I love chocolate. For a snack at night, I'll have a low-carb bagel or a small bowl of cereal. I just needed to find a diet that would keep hunger pangs at bay, yet be sensible. Good luck!

Closed Thread