It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 08:14 PM   #1

RobH HB User
extremely large appetite

I am 32 years old, 6'1" and about 200 pounds. Since I was about 13 I have had a very large appetite - even before that according to my parents. All teens develop large appetites but in my case I would often eat more than the rest of the family. My mom even took me to see the doctor. He found no cause for it. My parents always let me eat when I was hungry but I know it annoyed my mom sometimes. I have seen a total of 4 doctors and none has found a medical reason for this other than having a "fast metabolism" which to me sounds like another way of saying you need to eat a lot. This started to bother me in college. At home I could always get snacks for free and I would always eat the dinner leftovers just before bed. At college my stomach always demanded its late night meal no matter how much I stuffed myself at dinner. The best I could do was to push the hunger pangs back to about 2:00AM. I was always really hungry for breakfast. My appetite has slowed down since then. I probably ate the most when I was about 16-19 years old. But I still get hungry for 2 to 3 times as much food as my friends. I have read posts by other people here who seem to be bothered by their fast metabolism somehow. I answer them as best as I can but I have to admit that I find it awkward also. I don't like my appetite becoming the topic of conversation. On a recent business trip with two other people I was still quite hungry after dinner, so I slipped out at about 3:00AM and ordered two meals at Denny's - the Meat Lover's Skillet, and the All-American Slam breakfast. That way I figure I could eat a small breakfast at 7:00 with everyone else. To my horror they decided to go to the same Denny's! Fortunately the staff had changed by then so no one found out. I want to know if anyone else is in this situation or knows someone who is. Also I want to know if there is anything I can do about it. I have been checked for the standard medical problems: diabetes, hyperthyroid etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread