It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2004, 12:55 AM   #1
(male)

Replicon HB User
Setting up a healthy diet - where to start?

So I want to set up a healthy diet for myself. Something that will keep me energized throughout the day, and that will maybe help me lose a few pounds while I'm at it. The exercising part is no problem, I do TKD about 4 times a week. Where should I look for information on setting this up for myself? I mean, there's SO much food out there, I don't even know where to start looking for what's best for me and when, etc.

...and my other question is about training. The class usually starts at 8pm and goes on until close to 10. If I eat dinner before, I will have a lot of trouble performing, dur to lead pellet effect... but if I don't eat dinner before, I'll come home starved, and I hear it isn't healthy to eat a full meal that late at night... How does one circumvent that? I'm thinking of splitting 'dinner' into two smaller meals or something... one for before, one for after...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2004, 03:49 AM   #2

Robert5705 HB User
Re: Setting up a healthy diet - where to start?

to keep your body energized through the day you need to eat smaller portions but more of them during the day. I usally eat 6 meals during the day, Example 8am, 10am, 12pm, 3pm, 5pm, 9pm. Each meal has aprox 500 calories for my diet, but yours will be different based on what your goals are, and what your body size is. As for eating before your workout, try eating a small meal 300-500 calories a good hour before your workout starts. Its essential that you eat after your workout also, your muscles are starving for carbs and protien. This helps your body recover faster. Eating a meal late wont hurt you and its not going to make you fat, becuase most of what you will take in late will go into muscle repair.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2004, 12:33 PM   #3
(male)

Replicon HB User

Ah, thanks for response :-)

Re: late meals: After a real tough workout, I'm generally too tired/lazy to prepare a good meal, can you suggest something that's really easy to make in the post-workout state? hehe. I guess anything would work, since the smell of the food would make me less lazy about it hahaha.

Old 04-16-2004, 05:12 PM   #4

Robert5705 HB User

I know exactly what you mean there, what I usally do is make somthing ahead of time and just store it in the fridge. But if you dont want to go this route you could do a peanut butter jelly sandwhich glass of milk and a bannana. Or anything that will give you carbs/protien/and a little fat.

Old 04-17-2004, 04:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

Yeah. I wish my mom wouldn't buy junkfood & candy all the time. It's all over the house and the fridge is full with it. Hard to resist.....

Old 04-18-2004, 07:05 AM   #6
Inactive

zip2play HB User

If you get off work early enough to finish your dinner by 6PM, I doubt the lead cannonball effect will be too bad 2 hours later if you eat substantial but not stuffing dinner.
Afterwards maybe a bowl of Cheerios/corn flakes etc.

Old 04-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

it would be wise to cut out all sodas/fruit juices from your diet and up your water intake.

Closed Thread