It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 03:04 PM   #1

fightingself HB User
the best diet

I think the best diet to be on.. is to eat fresh vegetables.. meat.. and fresh fruits. Eat fat once in awhile, eat starchy foods once in awhile.. and you should be on your way to a healthy diet. processed and man made foods are the worst for us such as some cereals, white breads and even some pastas. eat everything in moderation and keep things balanced and you should be fine.

Old 04-23-2004, 03:10 AM   #2
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: the best diet

Ah....the "open secret" of the "Holy Grail" of diet and nutrition.

So easy to see. Yet so hard to learn well and stay true to with all the pitfalls and tempations around us.

Last edited by Laurie2; 04-23-2004 at 03:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2004, 03:46 AM   #3

fightingself HB User

i like to aoid diets and fads.. I make my own and help myself. with advice from other ppl here and there of course

Old 04-23-2004, 08:37 AM   #4
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingself
I think the best diet to be on.. is to eat fresh vegetables.. meat.. and fresh fruits. Eat fat once in awhile, eat starchy foods once in awhile.. and you should be on your way to a healthy diet. processed and man made foods are the worst for us such as some cereals, white breads and even some pastas. eat everything in moderation and keep things balanced and you should be fine.
I agree about the veggies, fruit, and meats....but I don't see dairy on the list or any grains. Fats are very healthy as long as they are not hydrogenated trans fats, or consuming too much omega 6 type fats. Saturated fats are needed by the body and if they are from grass grazed organic cows or other grass grazed animals then they have the proper balance of fat including the much needed CLA. I agree that processed and refined foods are the real killers and are the worst.

Old 04-24-2004, 11:21 AM   #5

Aston HB User

I would say dairy & grains are quite possibly the worst things people could ever eat! I would say Fightingself is right, unless maybe you are blood group a. Has no-one heard of Drs Braly or Mercola??

Old 04-25-2004, 12:52 PM   #6
Inactive

girlygirly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston
I would say dairy & grains are quite possibly the worst things people could ever eat! I would say Fightingself is right, unless maybe you are blood group a. Has no-one heard of Drs Braly or Mercola??
Dr. Mercola most certainly advocates dairy if it is RAW dairy. There are other nutrition authorities such as Sally Fallon and Mary Enig that advocate such grains such as quinona, flax seeds,wild rice and a few others. Sprouting grains also reduce the components in grains that make then hard to digest. So depending on whether someone has a sensitivity to grains or dairy they may be the "worst", but for others who don't moderation is the key.

Old 04-27-2004, 01:02 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston
What does your blood-group have to do with diet and weight loss?

Closed Thread