It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2004, 07:26 PM   #1

prstar14 HB User
Question mcdonalds on a diet????

u cant eat mcdonalds on a diet right.......even if thats all u eat and u excercise??

Old 04-22-2004, 09:58 PM   #2

tan-barbie HB User
Re: mcdonalds on a diet????

[QUOTE=prstar14]u cant eat mcdonalds on a diet right.......even if thats all u eat and u excercise??[/QUOTE
I wouldn't recommend it. Mc Donalds food is really greasy, I would defenitely go with home cooking. If all you are eating is McDonalds that is bad for you. You need a balanced diet and I dont recall the last time Mc Donalds offered brocoli or strawberries with their happy meals. It is bad on the heart too. I think only eating McDonalds and exercising is defeating the purpose of the exercise. You should defentely consider eating healthier if you are dieting. I dont know anyone on a diet that would even consider eating McDOnalds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2004, 10:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

DoOoOoM HB User

I've been weight training for about 7 years now and with my training comes a pretty strict diet, well at least the first few years. Now I can eat McDonalds once a week if I want to or even twice. But I don't eat it EVERYDAY! Now, I serioulsly do not recommend eating fast food ALL the time. When you exercise your body needs GOOD carbs and fats and McDonalds doesn't provide you with either. It does contain some good protein but nothing compared to lean red meat at your local market. Please, if you exercise, eat right. I'm not saying getting rid of McDonalds all together but cut down some and start eating good, wholesome, home cooked meals.

Old 04-23-2004, 02:27 PM   #4

Lupus HB User

Don't let anybody tell you that you can't have McDonald's while on a diet. However, it should be a treat, not a constant thing.

FWIW, Subway and Wendy's are the best choices for fast food. They do have their fair share of unhealthy foods (i.e. sodas and Atkins wraps), but if you know what to get, both places aren't even cheat meals.

Old 04-23-2004, 02:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

There are menu choices for just about any type of diet one might be doing. But there are certainly better choices out there; any thing you get from a fast food place has been handled, out in the air/light draining nutrients, and is overly processed in one way or other.

We all have our busy schedules, though, so in a pinch . . .

Old 04-27-2004, 12:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

The hamburgers aren't that bad are they? How bout a hamburger (only the white bread is bad) and a McSalad? Not that I ever eat there. Hardly ever. But still.. If I ever do that's what I take.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:10 PM   #7
(male)

Gene123 HB User

I heard about a guy who ate mcdonalds for breakfast dinner and lunch. He did this for a month and now he has a liver disease.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:16 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

yeah but mcdonalds couldn't have caused that. I think that him doing so showsthe type of person he is and he's probably never cared about his health

Closed Thread