It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2004, 12:26 PM   #1

YoungMom HB User
Lightbulb South Beach Diet HELP!!

Ok I just started the South Beach Diet and I am on Phase 1 right now but I always feel like I can't think of what to eat.. a couple of questions.. can I eat KETCHUP??? What about Thousdand Island Dressing with salad? I just don't know where to find these answers! Also do any of you out there have some good recommendations for snacks?? I hope this diet works.. thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 09:10 AM   #2

hlayne HB User
Re: South Beach Diet HELP!!

Ketchup has a lot of sugar in it, so it's bad for phase one. There is an Adkins brand ketchup that doesn't have any sugar that I use and it's pretty good, or the new cookbook has a recipe for ketchup that is good for phase one..I haven't tried to make it yet, but I'll probably try it soon. As for snacks, I usually like sweets for snacks, so I make a TON of sugar free jello so I always have that ( It's only 40 calories for a whole box!! So I eat the whole thing lol ). I also really like ricotta deserts a lot. You can flavor ricotta any flavor you like. There's a decent recipe in the first book for Ricotta creme, that's chocolate, I also found a recipe somewhere for a ricotta cheesecake that I eat ALL the time. As for thousand island dressing, I dont like it so I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure you can't have it. Check the ingrediants and if there are sugars or carbs I wouldn't eat it. If you dont' like sweet snacks, I don't have a lot of suggestions, the only thing I've had is lunchmeat wrapped around cheese. You can have just plain cheese if you like that for a snack or there's a recipe for roasted chickpeas in the cookbook that I haven't tried yet, but as soon as I can actually FIND some chickpeas I will. I've been cooking every recipe out of the two books I can so I dont get bored with phase one, and I dont even like cooking, but I've lost 5 lbs so far and this is day 7 of phase one and I haven't gotten bored with the food. It really does work, I have friends that have lost so much weight they look like different people now!!! Good luck!!

South Beach Ketchup -
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
3/4 cup tomato paste
2 tablespoons sugar substitute
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 1/2 tablespoons malt vinegar

In a large pot over medium heat combine all and simmer for 5 mins...refrigerate until serving.

Ricotta cheesecake -
1 package sugar free jello any flavor (try them all!!!)
1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
1 cup water

Boil the water and then dissolve the jello in it. Put the ricotta cheese in a blender and pour the jello and water over it then blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into whatever container you like and chill until it's set. YUM!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread