It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 12:29 PM   #1

BrOkEnInSiDe HB User
Hi!

Hey there everyone, first off, im new here, and secondly i have a question ...aight, im 19, im about 5'2 and i weigh 125 pounds, my weight according to sites and things i have read should be 110, without going on a diet could i lose weigh just by walking everyday and only eating 3 meals a day??? ...i dont think im fat or anything but i dont like my wieght the way it is and i would be much happier if i were 110 pounds ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 01:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User
Re: Hi!

Oh yeah... walking everyday or well anything would make a difference. Not sure if just walking is going to give you the nice results you want. By the way, I'm sort of your stats female, 16, 5"2, 122. Anyway. U certainly don't have to go on any diet but I would adjust your diet a little if I were you. Replace most simple carbs (white bread) with complex carbs (replace it with whole-grain bread). Eat more vegetables and some fruit. Nonfat yogurt is also really good for your calcium intake and some protein. And some lean meat such as chicken for your protein intake. I wouldn't recommend 3 large meals a day, but divide it into 5 or 6 smaller meals a day instead. It will keep your metabolism going throughout the entire day and your body won't feel like it's starving. You could also try joggin instead of walking. Or aerobics-class or whatever a pilates tape whatever you want. Something that will get your heart-rate up. You could also try to do some weightlifting in order to speed up your metabolism and also look much better at the same time. You don't have to become a bodybuilder or whatever though. Once a week will do I guess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2004, 02:32 PM   #3
Inactive

Laurie2 HB User
Re: Hi!

Eating 5-6 smaller meals is the best way, as pointed out. Just modify what you have been eating by upping your protein, lowering your carbs (cut the refined/overly processed ones) and cut the sugar.

Actually three times a week for lifting and you can include cardio on the offdays or just after. The idea is upping your body's metabolism and turning it into a fatburning machine. Resistance lifting for Strength forces your body to work harder...to burn the bodyfat more.

Also it is a great way to get into shape and look good. Resistance lifting for strength is moving moderately heavy weights for 4 sets of 10-12 reps with a minute's rest inbetween sets. Do this for an hour/90 minutes. Be sure to stretch and warmup first and cooldown after.

With a combination of lifting and cardio, you should be able to lose those 15 pounds of bodyfat rather quickly.

Closed Thread