It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2004, 04:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jill30 HB User
Constipation?

I am eating fruits, lots of water, wheat and veggies and I feel like I do not go enough? Any advice on what else I should be eating or doing that can help me?

Old 05-03-2004, 06:46 AM   #2
Inactive

naanee HB User
Re: Constipation?

try Magnesium citrate, 250mg before bed, Calcium, 1000mg (calcium carbonate) & flax seeds 3 a day.
you need to go to health food store. you can get Cal-mag Citrate with vitamin D (180) one a day (SOLARY BRAND) $15.99 so far i am doing better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2004, 07:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User

You're not getting in a lot protein. Try eating some chicken or so. Maybe fish or peanutbutter twice a week, for good fats. You should also do regular exercise if you're not already (every day, if possible). Try doing both aerobics and some weightlifting.

Old 05-04-2004, 07:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User

My question is, why do you feel that you're not going enough? Do you actually feel constipated?

Old 05-05-2004, 04:34 AM   #5
Inactive

zip2play HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jill30
I am eating fruits, lots of water, wheat and veggies and I feel like I do not go enough? Any advice on what else I should be eating or doing that can help me?
If that regimen of yours doesn't keep you regular to something like once a day, why not add a Tbsp of ground psyllium evry morning (like Metamucil or knock-off,) Get the unsugared kind for better health.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

Hello, I second Crossbow's posting. If you don't feel constiipated, then your body doesn't need a bowl movement. Some people go once per day, some twice per day, and others once every two days. If you're really worried then try prunes or prune juice or eat lots of watermellon. Then there's the combination waste eliminator salad...It's romaine lettuce, 1 apple, nuts, (can be peanuts.) and mayo....East a big mixing bowl full in place of super, and you'll definately have a blow-out in the morning.

Old 05-08-2004, 10:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Arrow Re: Constipation?

To make your intestines function properly you need fiber. ---20 to 30 grams daily. All fiber is not the same as you probably already know --- there is the type that absorbs fluid and the type that does not. I am not a believer in blowouts but regular BMs.

All meat, seafood and dairy products contain NO fiber. So, you get fiber from fruits, veggies and grains/nuts & seeds. Water soluble fiber like psyllium is safe to take daily to bulk up your stool and make you regular. It also acts like a cleaner/ lubricant in your intestines. Proper use of fiber can reduce colon cancer --- the second cause of cancer deaths in the USA.

You can buy psyllium as a supplement in a powder, capsules or wafer forms. Just drink enough water when taking it.You can get it sugar free or plain -- they both work well. I have read that the average person get about 13 grams of fiber daily.

I wish you well---Harry

Old 09-02-2004, 08:18 AM   #8

holliewould HB User

I understand your worry. I am having a the similar problem with the addition of bad acne and a few other symptoms. Don't know if you have considered taking a COLON CLEANER. That is what I have arrived at, like yourself I have been drinking a lot of water, eating healthy and getting at least 3 days of exercise a week, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Does anyone else have feed back on this. Any suggestion as to the brand or type of cleaner would work best.

Last edited by holliewould; 09-02-2004 at 08:21 AM.

Old 09-02-2004, 08:25 AM   #9
(female)

sugar_babygirli HB User

Try having a warm glass of either tea or coffee along with high fiber all-bran. Be sure to drink the full amount of liquid, and you'll be SURE to go....it works every time for me. ;-)

Old 09-02-2004, 01:20 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

I think the wheat is constipating you...might wanna check up symptoms of celiac disease, becuase constiption is one of the symptoms..I should know...

Old 09-02-2004, 01:41 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

The herb "triphala" is used widely in India. Type in triphala under google and click on the first article, there are great benefits to this herb, especially constipation.

Old 09-02-2004, 03:30 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

yes Jessica..I do believe the gaol should be to find out whats causing you to get constipating..i gaurantee you that if you iliminate the wheat part and, wait some time..it will get better..its the Gluten that you find in the wheat thats hard to digest, somtimes almost impossible..its very sticky>>Glue in greek means Gluten..try choosing better breads like Soy, or Rice or Corn..a little more expensive but, its for you..Take care..

Closed Thread