It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 03:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Hidden Valley Low fat ranch dressing

Hi,
Is Hidden Valley Low fat ranch dressing unhealthy? I have been using 365 Organics ranch dressing from whole foods and unfortunately, I don't like it nearly as much as Hidden Valley
Thanks,
Jess

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2004, 05:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: Hidden Valley Low fat ranch dressing

hi jessica..nice name..im sure you're a winderful person but but, how can you eat that stuff...im pretty sure its not to healthy..lol lets hear what Gopher says...i mean my kinda dressing is rice vinegar with olive oil extra virgin..pure garlic powder, pure onion powder..sea salt..lol=Volia..mium.. but, i guess we all have diferent taste..please don't hate me...if you wanna get some dressings get some Gluten free ones they might cost just a little more but, they are better quality..and, alot more natural..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2004, 04:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Losec,
I KNOW it's not healthy, but does it affect your health is what I mean. I think you misunderstood me. I was wondering if the dressing would harm you, I'm not worried about it being "healthy."

Old 09-17-2004, 05:55 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi jessica...i don't think you can die from this stuff...but, the vinegar in there is really..eww BAD..and, the spices and, seasonings...i dunno..these sources are not pure based..there are better quality dressings out there...if you wanna get more healthier, then like I said Gluten free dressings are more healthier...alot more natural..

ps: I thought white vinegar was used for washing floors..lol

Old 09-18-2004, 06:04 PM   #5
Inactive

jtu91952 HB User

I eat it all the time. I HATE any dressing with any type of vinegar. I like vinegar in water but not on my salad. Hidden Valley is the best salad dressing i've ever tried. If it is the only "bad" thing i eat, i should live a long, long time.

Old 09-18-2004, 06:09 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

heh..well i use nutrimax..its an amazing dressing..lol..

Old 09-19-2004, 06:30 AM   #7
Inactive

zip2play HB User

Gee to me salad dressing without vinegar seems like cherry pie without cherries????

Old 09-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

lol..you guys are too funny..im just saying to stay away from white vinegar..its really junk..there are better vinegars out there..rice, wine, balsamic,..

Old 09-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #9

strebend HB User

How could a mixture of lowfat buttermilk, oil and spices harm you? There's actually a miniscule quantity of distilled vinegar listed in the ingredients, so it's not much of a factor. I understand not wanting to eat dangerous chemicals, but buying foods because the labels say "healthy" or any other meaningless, undefined word just proves the power of marketing. What, exactly, is a "pure-based" source, and how do you know a certain product's ingredients are not?

Old 09-24-2004, 05:23 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

there is malt in white vinegar..i don't agree with this stuff it is very toxic to the health..lol..I mean a galon of this stuff goes for .99$ how good can it be..I use it for washing my floors..does a great job.. ..

PS: gluten free products are Pure based..they have to be.

Last edited by Losec20mg; 09-24-2004 at 05:29 PM.

Old 09-24-2004, 11:20 PM   #11

strebend HB User

To me, this discussion isn't so much about healthy food as it is about fuzzy thinking. To be an informed consumer, it's important to gather relevant information and ignore what's irrelevant. For example, what does a food's cost have to do with nutritional value? Lentils cost 99 cents per bag - does that mean they can't be a good source of protein or fiber? Twinkies cost a lot more per pound than apples - so how good can apples be?
Also, gluten-free products are, by definition, simply products that don't contain a specific protein (gluten) that's found in wheat, rye, barley, oats. You can buy gluten-free products that contain refined sugar and hydrogenated oils - but they don't contain gluten, so they're "pure-based," whatever that means?

Closed Thread