It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2004, 03:12 PM   #1

Viri20 HB User
I want to be fat!

I am so sick and tired of asking for advice on gaining weight and having people tell me the same things over and over, I'm 20, 5 4", and weigh only 98 pounds, I've tried eating all types of fattening foods, energy drinks-bars, and it all goes trugh me like water I'm desperate and I no longer believe on eating tons of calories a day it just doesn't work! I was wondering if there's any type of surgery were they could put some fat on me or something that could make my legs look normal I'm tired of having to hide them under pants all the time and sometimes this all makes me very depressed so CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

Old 09-23-2004, 03:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gopherhead HB User
Re: I want to be fat!

Viri, have you had a physical lately?

Being underweight and unable to gain weight is often the sign of an underlying medical problem, hyperthyroidism comes to mind.

Nat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2004, 03:57 PM   #3
(female)

AnitaPita HB User

I am 5'2" and weighed 90 lbs up until I was 26 years old. The only solution for me to gain weight was to put on more muscle mass. Eating high calorie meals and drinking shakes never worked for me either until I started working out on a regular basis with a focus on weight training. Do you know your body fat % and what percent lean muscle mass you have?

Old 09-23-2004, 04:16 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

could also be malabsorption.. if you eat but, can not gain..hmmm..

i was like that all my life, i used to eat like crazy..and, was always underweight..until last year they found i had celiac...now im on a diet and, guess what..I gained weight..lol yup over 50 lbs in like 8 months.. im starting to look like a man..at about 160lbs+.. i feel pretty good..Go get checked..

Old 09-23-2004, 05:16 PM   #5
Veteran

Saka HB User

I agree that you should get everything checked by a doctor to make sure there is nothing medically wrong. If all is good, then like AnitaPita said, the only way I gained weight is through weight training. Muscle weighs more than fat and it is healthier too (and it looks better).

Old 09-24-2004, 11:11 AM   #6

Viri20 HB User

Thanxs everyone for the response. Well I haven't gotten any physicals lately the last one I got was like 5 years ago and everything seemed to be in perfect condition. a few months ago I took my mom to the family doctor 'cause she wasn't feeling too good, and once we were there my mom made the coment about me being too thin but the doctor said are you crazy! she looks just fine, and not to be concided but many people tell me that I am a very pretty girl and that instead of looking for something to gain weight I should look for opportunites of becoming a model, it's crazy 'cause I'm 20 and my underweight makes me look 15. People that doesn't have this problem doesn't understand what it feels like, it might be stupid,but I have even thought of getting pregnant to see if that would help me put up some weight ofcoure that obiously I would in the 9 months but many woman complain after they have the baby because they do get a little chunkier,well anyways I sure have done many research on the net and and it seems that working out would help me get muscle, but I'm scared to end up looking like a cartoon. About the Hyperthyroidism it also makes me think that might be the problem but I haven't gone to the doctor 'cause at this time I don't have any type of medical insurance and I now that if that would be the case treatments or surgery cost a lot.

Old 10-06-2004, 02:33 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

dreamer89 HB User

viri20 eating more wont' make you gain fat, you can gain muscles by weight training or ttap. but if fat is what you want here it is,

you have to eat less exercise more, if you are not famine sensitive it may not work I don't know, but to get your body to want to add fat you have to train it for fat stroage by not eating enough, not eating on time, and basically act like you are trying to lose weight not gain. in other words you have to show your body that famines happen and it better be ready for it by storing extra fat on your body.

you have to start up the famine feast cycle, (I don't recommend it however)you do this by going hungry, not eating to satiaty, basically do what every fat person does to try and lose weight, diet.

it works for fat people to gain more fat it should work for you. I don't recommend it because of teh following reasons.

one it you may end up in anorexia, (this is a phyiscal conditon started by dieting to lose weight and fear of food and fat gain) and you burn up muscles when you diet to lose weight, and slow metabolism, decrease exercise tolerance, depression, fatigue, making you cold, needing to sleep more than usual, and of course the fat gain.

the trouble with famine feast cycles it can be hard to get off it and you may end up gaining (tho I doubt it) more than you want. you probably are not famine sensitive, and you probably don't tolerate undereating very well, you just get to hungry, you would have to train your body to tolerate famines, (which is does by not sending hunger signals as much)

if you can't do that you have to create what is called a quality famine, the caloires are high but the quality is low, for example, you have to eat ice cream when you want a salad, force feed yourself as it were, thus to create this famine state to triggor the body''s fat storing mode slowing of metabolism etc.

you have to train your body to expect famines, that can only be done by creating a famine situation whether quantity wise or quality wise. then you have to keep eating teh way you did to get fat in order not to lose it, in other words don't go back to eating the way you did before gaining, and wanting to gain, otherwise you will swing the pendulum the other way where the body doesn't expect famines anymore and thus it gets you to lose fat.

if none of this works you will have to accept the fact you will always be thin. my brother had the same problem, I however didn't know about the famine feast cycle, theory of adaptations etc, in order to advise him how to do it,

references, How to be naturally thin by eating more, by jean antenello, which speaks about this famine feast cycle, also you can change the title to how to be fat by eating less.

RR

Closed Thread