It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 02:09 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Fish & Chicken

hi guys..im just wondering cuz i eat lots of this stuff..like daily..and, im just wondering if they have much cholestorol..like when i eat chicken legs..lol i eat six of them..but, i eat chicken legs once a week..i eat mostly chicken breasts or, fish, or veal..as you all know already..
This is probly a Gopher.. question..heh

Old 09-28-2004, 04:39 PM   #2

viver HB User
Re: Fish & Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
hi guys..im just wondering cuz i eat lots of this stuff..like daily..and, im just wondering if they have much cholestorol..like when i eat chicken legs..lol i eat six of them..but, i eat chicken legs once a week..i eat mostly chicken breasts or, fish, or veal
Losec20mg,

Other than for persons with a serious health problem, my philosophy is to just focus on putting together a reasonably healthy food plan and practice some sort of relaxation-type process/exercises, and the cholesterol issues tend to take care of themselves over time. If I were eating chicken, fish and veal, I would make sure to eat plenty of fresh salads, some cooked vegetables (carrots, broccoli, etc.), leafy green vegetables (kale, collards, etc.), and some non-meat sources of healthy fatty acids.

So, I would never focus on cholesterol, but on a healthy, balanced diet and lifestyle. It seems to have worked best for me and the people I know to keep cholesterol and other health issues in check.

Twoggle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2004, 04:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gopherhead HB User

*lol* Losec.

Do you have a problem with high cholesterol? If not don't worry about it. Your body creates all the cholesterol it needs, on average 85%. If you get it from dietary sources it makes less. Endogenous cholesterol (the stuff your body makes) is more easily oxidized than dietary cholesterol, which is a bad thing. The Readers Digest version of this is, eating foods which contain cholesterol has minimal impact on the cholesterol levels in your body.

BTW, w/o sufficient cholesterol you'd die- your brain is 70% cholesterol, your horomones are created from it, and so is Vit D.

Nat

Old 09-28-2004, 05:00 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

lol..hehe you guys are so nice..
and, Gopher i have very low cholestorol..as a matter of fact, my doc told me today..he also said "eat alot" lol..heh..i told him the way i eat and, he's there.."if all my patience would eat like that i'd be out of business"..lol..ha

thnkx muchly..
shakes & hugs

Last edited by Losec20mg; 09-28-2004 at 05:01 PM.

Closed Thread