It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 04:59 PM   #1
Inactive

DSide HB User
High Protein Foods?

Hi, I'm 19 years old from the UK and am desperatly trying to put on weight to build up my body. Not greatly but I want my body to be something to be proud of. At the minute i'm eating junk food all the time and i know this isn't helping, I'm really slip and can' t seem to put on weight whatsoever. I really need to eat more protein as I know this is a good start, and then go to the gym.

Could anyone please list some really good protein foods to help me build up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2004, 05:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: High Protein Foods?

Steak, lamb, chicken, fatty fish, pork, fatty fish, eggs,replacement shakes, shrimp, milk, NUTS,NUTS,NUTS, for they are high in fat. Paticularly, walnuts are good cause their high in omega three. Don't get me wrong alomonds, peanuts, and cashews etc are good but higher in omega 6 I think, let someone quote me on that, but I know their high in linoleic acid and monosaturated fat which are healthy fats we all need. Hopefully other people will have more protein foods to add, I'm sure there is more. Add olive oil to your foods, and peanut butter. Try adding cheese to everything, like your veggies etc. Ah, what else could I say, I don't know, good luck! Oh, If I were you I'd be having a good time, hope this helps!

Last edited by Jess75; 09-30-2004 at 05:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2004, 11:31 AM   #3
Inactive

zip2play HB User
Re: High Protein Foods?

Start the high protein foods at the same time you hit the gym.

Basically they are meats, fish, and dairy products (but not cream), and eggs...On the vegetable side, its the legumes, including Tofu, peanuts and plenty of nice thick bean and pea soups.

Of course, every health food store is replete with protein powder of every flavor. This is pure protein and can be made into shakes and since the powder is upwards of 90% protein, they can pack a good protein whallop conveniently.

Closed Thread