It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 10:19 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Never felt so great!

The title says it all! I decided to give up aspartame and all fake sugar (except for splenda...mostly in my coffee) and I can definitely tell a difference! I was at the point where I was drinking diet sodas and chewing sugarless gum up the wazoo and the aspartame was making me sick! I constantly had stomach aches and just felt sort of "weird." I would never have attributed it to the aspartame, but now that I've given it up, I realize how it was almost like poison to my body! I know this may sound like an exaggeration, but there is something to it. All those chemicals in that stuff CANNOT be good for you and, if you eat a lot of equal or nutrasweet, try giving it up for a week or so and I'll bet you notice how great you feel. Let me know!!

Old 10-04-2004, 08:42 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: Never felt so great!

oh i believe ya..another thing you should give up is gluten..bet you'd feel even better without that..Gluten>>white bread, whole wheat bread..etc stuff made with white flour is very harmful to the health..with very little nutrtion in there..Yes..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 07:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

I think I pretty much HAVE given up gluten! I eat carbs in the form of beans, vegetables, and fruits and use bread very sparingly. I can't even remember the last time I had bread, actually! I can definitely tell a difference from that, as well!!! What else is gluten in?

Old 10-04-2004, 08:01 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi, well yeah im a master at this..but Gluten is in everything..put it this way its in all the junk...cookies, cereals, canned soups, mustard, ketchup, relish, vinegar is from malt and, malt is from gluten..eww..cold cuts, hot-dogs, eww..spices, cakes, pies, some drinks, ice cream, some cheeses, frozen junk food..sauces, pasta, crackers, candies, meds, creams, soaps, shampoos, gum..guess what im really avoiding this stuff..haha.. I could understand them putting this stuff in cookies and, cakes..but, shampoos and, creams..that is totally ridiculous...im glad im avoiding this JUnK..its really no good just like suger and, salt..
try getting yourself some corn bread, or soy bread, or rice bread..much better..you will feel the diference..

Old 10-05-2004, 10:01 AM   #5

thescaredest HB User

I hear you on giving up the fake stuff! There actually have been many articles written on what the fake sugar can do to your body. Some believe it can cause difficulties with one's immune system, not to mention what it can do on the stomach.

Good for you! I am working on giving up the sugarless gum!!

Old 10-05-2004, 01:22 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

for the sugarless gum..this is what i do, i put a tooth pik in my mouth or, i eat a prune and, keep the nut in my mouth all afternoon..lol, keeps my mouth busy..>> gotta learn how to control the mouth bacuz it wants everything..oyi

ciao.. >>

Old 10-05-2004, 10:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

What do you think about keeping Splenda around? I feel like it's in a different category than Aspartame and Saccharin...And what about sugar alcohols?

Old 10-06-2004, 04:59 AM   #8
Inactive

zip2play HB User

Ahem,
What makes you think that Splenda is anything but another artificial sweetner? Chlorinating a natural food makes it anything BUT natural. In fact it makes it a non-food.

Chlorinate it just right and you can make insecticide!

Old 10-06-2004, 05:51 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gopherhead HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS289
...And what about sugar alcohols?
I keep them around for when I get constipated, which is 'bout all they are good for

Old 10-06-2004, 01:40 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Splenda is a differnt kind of artificial sweetener, though, that isn't as harmful as aspartame. I don't notice the same side-effects from Splenda that I do from Equal or Sweet n low. And are sugar alcohols considered the same as fake sugar? Or are they less harmful?

Old 10-07-2004, 05:10 AM   #11
Inactive

zip2play HB User

Sugar alcohols are "partial sugars" dietwise...1-3 calories per gram (sugar is 4). As gopher implied, they are EXCELLENT laxatives but dreadful foods!

Closed Thread