It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2004, 07:22 AM   #1
Inactive

Rickhard HB User
The Omega 3s in ground flax seed will increase your endurance substantially

Before I started eating ground flax seed, I rode the exercise bike for forty five minutes four times a week. After I started eating ground flax seed I started riding it longer. My endurance started to increase when I got up to a half cup a day. Now, I ride the bike for ninety minutes six times a week. My longest ride has been two hours, sixteen minutes and thirty three seconds. The only other time in my life I rode the bike for two hours was when I was taking a liquid oxygen supplement called Oxybuild 1200. That was seven years ago. My daily rides remained at forty five minutes. The ground flax seed helps your red blood cells transport oxygen more efficiently. That is what I read and I believe it. When I exercise now and get to forty five minutes on the bike, I have no desire to stop. It's so easy. The Omega 3 essential fatty acids in the ground flax seed improve your recovery time after exercising. As soon as I drink some water, I am fine.

Old 10-04-2004, 08:06 AM   #2
(female)

sugar_babygirli HB User
Re: The Omega 3s in ground flax seed will increase your endurance substantially

Hey that's great and I'm happy for you!

I have two questions, though. Aren't you gaining weight by having 1/2 cup a day?? Flaxseeds have like 9 grams of fat per 3 tablespoons, but maybe ground flaxseed is different? Also, how exactly does it give you stamina/energy if it's a seed because I didn't think it had like carbohydrates or anything in it?

I'd love to give this a shot myself, but I only have whole flaxseeds so I'm not sure if that'll work or not and I don't exercise as much as you so don't want to gain weight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 10:19 AM   #3
Inactive

Rickhard HB User
Re: The Omega 3s in ground flax seed will increase your endurance substantially

since i started exercising i have lost 14.5 lbs. if you eat the ground flax seed, you do need to cut back on other fats or you might gain weight. i drink one percent milk, lowfat or nonfat yogurt and lean meats. i use butter or margarine only occasionally. i use a little olive oil for cooking.
whole seeds are very hard to digest. you should absolutely grind them right before eating. i cook mine with oats. i boil 2 cups water, add 1 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup ground flax seed. i reduce heat to medium five minutes and then low five minutes. i stir it frequently to keep it from sticking. when done i add a little milk and more water, sugar, molasses or splenda. it tastes just fine. the omega 3 essential fatty acids work like super complex carbohydrates. they increase your physical stamina and help you use oxygen more efficiently. i buy my brown flax seeds for 89 cents a pound and grind them with a coffee grinder. you can buy seeds which have already been ground[flaxmeal] but they are pretty expensive[$4.29 lb here in portland, oregon] after you start eating the flax you should start feeling like doing more exercise or exercising more vigorously or both. good luck.

Closed Thread