It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2004, 08:41 PM   #1

bunniluv HB User
any suggestions? I have had enough.

Okay Ive had enough of this. It is getting to a point where I dont think I can handle it. I do not have an eating disorder, but I am tired of obsessing over my weight. Since this is a health board I figured this would be the safest place to vent and maybe get some helpful feed back. (all feed back would be of help, actually) I hate my body, I absolutely hate it. I never used to think that I would grow to hate my body so much. I just cannot wait one more day, i get like this everyday- I just want the pounds gone NOW. I am too smart to be unhealthy with my eating habits.. but I am starting to see bad patterns everday. Why wont my stomache shrink? I hate these rolls whenever I sit. They are MASSIVE and i can feel them.I weigh 127 and am 5'8 so I am not terribly over weight. But I am DEFINATLY NOT where I want to be. Its like somethings wrong with me... everything I eat and all of my weight is in my stomache. Not my boobs or legs or face.. my stomache. So even though 127 doesnt seem over weight, for one are of the body, it is. I eat SOOOO light and healthy but do not see results. If I eat one thing that is not a fruit or vegitable I get absolutely furious at myself. If I dont eat for hours and hours, yet I look bloated, (in the stomache of course) I get furious with myself.Any suggestions, please?

Last edited by bunniluv; 10-06-2004 at 08:47 PM.

Old 10-07-2004, 05:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: any suggestions? I have had enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunniluv
Okay Ive had enough of this. It is getting to a point where I dont think I can handle it. I do not have an eating disorder, but I am tired of obsessing over my weight. Since this is a health board I figured this would be the safest place to vent and maybe get some helpful feed back. (all feed back would be of help, actually) I hate my body, I absolutely hate it. I never used to think that I would grow to hate my body so much. I just cannot wait one more day, i get like this everyday- I just want the pounds gone NOW. I am too smart to be unhealthy with my eating habits.. but I am starting to see bad patterns everday. Why wont my stomache shrink? I hate these rolls whenever I sit. They are MASSIVE and i can feel them.I weigh 127 and am 5'8 so I am not terribly over weight. But I am DEFINATLY NOT where I want to be. Its like somethings wrong with me... everything I eat and all of my weight is in my stomache. Not my boobs or legs or face.. my stomache. So even though 127 doesnt seem over weight, for one are of the body, it is. I eat SOOOO light and healthy but do not see results. If I eat one thing that is not a fruit or vegitable I get absolutely furious at myself. If I dont eat for hours and hours, yet I look bloated, (in the stomache of course) I get furious with myself.Any suggestions, please?
Actually, there is a possibility your underweight! I would suggest toning, like do tons of sit ups for your tummy. I do recall in another post you are looking for a modeling job and I take it that's why you want to be thinner. Your body is probably not responding because(gopher explains it good), your body has a natural mechanism of storing fat in case of a rainy day, like "starvation mode" and a little fat on the body is healthy. In your case, modeling is a different story so it looks like your going to have to go on one of those real strict diets, and frankly I'm not educated in that area. And at your age, (16 right) you'll have do do some inticate planning. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2004, 01:05 PM   #3

Hamer HB User

Well, for one thing if you go hours and hours without eating you are actually hurting your metabolism because it will shut down and almost stop burning fat. You need to eat 5-6 small meals a day and that will really jump start your metabolism and start burning fat.

It sounds like you have the same problem as me -you gain all your weight in the tummy. The only way I've found to make it look better is to do cardio. This will really help get rid of tummy fat and also doing crunches everyday will make your stomach look flatter.

Old 10-11-2004, 01:24 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Bunniluv, You say you don't have an eating disorder, but its sounds a bit like you do. To have such hateful feelings over your physical characteristics is not a healthy. There are things you can do in an effort to modify your body shape, but you can only do so much - the rest is genetics.

First of all, you need to start eating a healthy diet. You cannot starve yourself (going for hours without food is starving yourself) and you cannot live on only fruits and vegetables. (If you are intentionally a raw vegan there are steps you can take to ensure you are getting enough protein and nutrients but you did not mention this, so you probably are not). You need to eat balanced nutritious meals regularly throughout the day. Eating healthy meals will not make you fat. Eating irregularly (starving then binging), or eating excessive carbs and/or fat, will cause you to have a fat belly even if the rest of you is thin.

At 5'8" you are NOT overweight. If you have extra weight in your belly or your middle, you may need to employ strategies to change that - eat fewer carbs, eliminate junk food, and work out to build up the muscle structure in your torso. I am not suggesting a low carb diet... I am suggesting that you eliminate bad carbs such as bread, sugar and alcohol.

More important, you might want to rule out other medical conditions. If you always feel bloated and uncomfortable, something else may be wrong. You should ask your doctor.

Last edited by modert; 10-11-2004 at 01:26 PM.

Old 10-12-2004, 07:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User

Before I got PG, I was the same weight/height as you, and I was known as the "skinny" girl. I couldn't pinch an inch on my whole body!!! I never excersized or watched my eating either, I just got good genes. So I can't imagine you having "massive" rolls and a bloated tummy!!! I actually got down to 119 (not purposely. Due to starving college student syndrome. LOL.) and looked SO ill in pictures. Too thin is not pretty, and it seems to me like you do have some type of body image problem that could lead to an eating disorder, if you don't have one already, like the above poster said. (Starving yourself and eating only fruits and veggies.)

Why don't you stop worrying about food and put that energy into excersising? This will sculpt those areas you don't like like in a way dieting never will. Just running or doing pilates or something would tone you right up and make you feel better about yourself.
DD born 3/24/2005

Last edited by siren1024; 10-12-2004 at 07:40 AM.

Closed Thread