It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2004, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

baby_bytes HB User
Why do i feel hungry in between meals?

Even tho I eat fruits or veggies in between meals, why do i still feel hungry???? I drink lots of water in between and i feel like i haven't eaten in hours, and i try so hard not to give in....i did some crunches and man i felt sooooooooo hungry...i ate 2 hardboiled eggs and 2 quesadillas with corn tortilla, kraft chesse and turkey ham, so i'm not sure if that was ok for my diet, is there anything i can do?? any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-21-2004, 06:08 AM   #2

Janiney116 HB User
Re: Why do i feel hungry in between meals?

Well fruits and Veggies are very good for you and tasty treats. But if you still feel very hungery mabye you should try eating some snacks between meals with lots of fiber in them.I like to munch on Go Lean Crunch ceral its like eating gronola and has lots of fiber in it!There are lots of other snacks with fiber in them, or try veggies that have alot of fiber in them like carrots.Eating snacks with fiber will help keep you full longer. Also fruits and vegetables with lots of water in them like watermellon and cucumbers.

Hope this helps!

Janiney

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2004, 06:33 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_bytes
Even tho I eat fruits or veggies in between meals, why do i still feel hungry???? I drink lots of water in between and i feel like i haven't eaten in hours, and i try so hard not to give in....i did some crunches and man i felt sooooooooo hungry...i ate 2 hardboiled eggs and 2 quesadillas with corn tortilla, kraft chesse and turkey ham, so i'm not sure if that was ok for my diet, is there anything i can do?? any help would be appreciated.
How often do you eat? I recommend planning your meal schedule to AVOID hunger rather than eating to satisfy hunger. Typically, if you eat balanced meals and snacks every 3 hours that you are awake you will not ever feel hungry. Make sure your meals and snacks all include high fiber carbs AND protein.

Old 10-21-2004, 07:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Add some protein to your snacks - nuts or cheese. Protein is more filling than carbs (fruit & veges).

I also agree to eat your snacks before you get hungry instead of after.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:26 PM   #5

LifelongLearner HB User

[QUOTE=Janiney116]Well fruits and Veggies are very good for you and tasty treats. But if you still feel very hungery mabye you should try eating some snacks between meals with lots of fiber in them.I like to munch on Go Lean Crunch ceral its like eating gronola and has lots of fiber in it!There are lots of other snacks with fiber in them, or try veggies that have alot of fiber in them like carrots.Eating snacks with fiber will help keep you full longer. Also fruits and vegetables with lots of water in them like watermellon and cucumbers.

Sorry but carrots do not have a lot of fiber in them. Dark green veggies do. And apples do as well. try to eat more protein. Protein is much more filling then veggies and fruit are. Try making sure that you are getting a good breakfast in the morning cuz that makes all the difference later in the day in how hungry you are.

Old 11-07-2004, 04:07 PM   #6

~*johanna*~ HB User

I feel hungry in between meals a lot too...recently I realized that I wasn't eating ENOUGH food for lunch. I mean, I'm on Weight Watchers and am always scared that I won't have enough "points" for the rest of the day. Then I find myself with lots of points at the end of the day. Now I've learned what foods are best for Breakfast and Lunch to keep myself comfortable during the day.
But yeah, it's really hard! Good luck.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #7
(female)

tdot HB User

You may feel hungry if you are mostly consuming carbohydrate-rich foods. I don't even mean bad ones either. Most fruit and vegetables contain mostly carbohydrates.

This is the deal:

Your body digests carbohydrates first as they are required for cell activities and to fuel your brain.

Then comes protein which gets passed through the portal system and will be later used for muscle maintenance and synthesis and enzyme production.

Fat and fibre are the last two nutrients to hang around your stomach. They are the slowest digested nutrients.

I would recommend eating between meal snacks which are high in protein, good fat and fibre. A great food for this are nuts. They are high in protein, good fat (monounsaturated) and fibre.

Enjoy!

Closed Thread