It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2004, 06:01 PM   #1

RobMob83 HB User
Cheap Food, is this Ok for my plan?

Right now I am trying to increase my size. I'm 6'2" and weigh 155lbs. I generally eat three times a day and for about a month and a half I've been trying the same thing. For instance I eat Grapenuts, a banana, and some orange juice for breakfast. I eat two whole wheat, turkey, american cheese, sandwitches, glass of milk, and a cup of yogurt. I usually workout right before I eat dinner. For dinner I generally have a bowl of pasta, a boiled egg, and a protien shake. This consists of my meals throughout the day. I try to stay consistent.
As for the work out I do 3 reps of 35 sit-ups, push-ups, leg-lifts, and backwards push-ups. Also 3 reps of 20 Diamond push-ups and 3 reps of 100 calf raises of just body weight. I tend to go to the gym once I get a better schedule. I do this at least 4 times a week along with a 30 mile bike ride and run at least twice a week. If you have any improvements for the workout or the diet please give me any tips I'm all ears (eyes).
-Rob

Old 10-18-2004, 04:18 PM   #2

thescaredest HB User
Re: Cheap Food, is this Ok for my plan?

What are your snacks? Everyone needs snacks, especially those who work out.

You should try to mix it up too, sometimes eating the same food everyday can give you food allergies, not to mention you need to get all the nutrients and vitamins out of food that you can. Limiting to certain foods means you only get the nutrients and vitamins that those foods have to offer you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2004, 08:08 PM   #3

RobMob83 HB User

I forgot to mention that I do take a multi vitamin in the morning with my breakfast. I guess I've just been trying to focus on gaining weight and not anything else. That's all I'm really concerned about. I love to be fit and at this moment I guess I can say that I am but I wish to put on some mass. I'm looking for a plan that is healthy but also helps me accomplish my goal.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:53 AM   #4
Inactive

Rickhard HB User

eating lots of ground flax seed should help you gain weight and it will give you omega 3s which you didn't mention. this should improve your workouts and gain muscle. i'm sure you're more interested in gaining muscle than just bulk unless you're a football lineman. flax is high in calories but is loaded with good nutrients. it should be part of everyone's diet. it will give you more energy and that's the most important thing.

Old 10-19-2004, 11:51 AM   #5

RobMob83 HB User

Quote:
eating lots of ground flax seed should help you gain weight
Is that the same thing as Flax seed oil or is that something else? I was thinking about doing a morning blend of raw eggs, flax seed, whey, milk, and a mixture of fresh fruits (smoothie blend). Does it matter when to take Flax seed, like before or after workouts? Also I usually eat pasta after a workout which is loaded with carbs, I need to eat some kind of meal that has alot of protein instead. I believe carbs are intended to be eatin before a workout because of the longterm energy. And protein is to be consumed after to help improve your muscles rebuild. At least I think that's right. Anyways let me know what you think?

Old 10-20-2004, 11:41 AM   #6
Inactive

Rickhard HB User

ground flax seed has essential amino acids, flax seed oil does not. i wouldn't eat flax before working out. it's low in carbs. i eat fruit and drink lots of water before exercising. [aerobic] then i eat my oats and flax together. ground flax seed is going to seriously thicken anything you put it in. if i lifted weights, i would wait at least one hour or more after eating ground flax seed. see my other posts. good luck.

Old 10-20-2004, 03:53 PM   #7

thescaredest HB User

I just wanted to add that some folks have been using flaxseed in their diets to loose weight. I take flaxseed daily but not to loose or gain weight, just for all the healthy benifits of it. If you get flaxseeds I would get the already ground ones, because if you eat flaxseeds without grinding them they can just go right through you!

Also I noticed that in your breakfast you have no protien--that is a must especially in the morning. Have you ever thought of doing your own protien shakes before or after working out? Mixing milk, fruit, protien powder of some sort (You can put your flax in right there too!0, and sometimes people put yogart in it? It is nice to make it then you can drink it on the way to the gym.

I would also eat a lot of meat, lean meats. Like chicken or turkey. Cheese is also very good for you. You could put your eggs in the morning on whole wheat toast, have some fruit, milk....or maybe make some different sorts of omlets stuffed full of things like ham/cheese or veggies.

Whole grain rice is very good for you too and a nice side to any meal.

Old 10-20-2004, 04:10 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

thanks for all this flaxseed info..im going to lowblaws tomorrow and, buy some...i can put some in my yogurts..

Old 10-20-2004, 06:34 PM   #9

RobMob83 HB User

Crap...I just went out and bought some flax seed oil and know I read this. Guess I need to go and get some ground seed. I did make a smoothie today though, and it was most excellent. For Lunch I had the normal turkey sandwitch and my shake consisted of: 2 raw eggs, a table spoon of flax seed oil, 1 scoop of whey protein, half a dosen strawberries, and half a cup of vitamin D milk. It tasted pretty good.

Closed Thread