It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User
Doritos replacement...

I'm starting to get the junk out of my diet....but I am hooked beyond belief on doritos. I could eat bags of it (I know, gross thought). Is there anything similar to doritos that isn't bad to munch on between meals? Would even the baked version be okay? Thanks!

Last edited by BostonGirl44; 10-18-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Old 10-18-2004, 02:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User
Re: Doritos replacement...

A great one...

Genisoy Soy Crisps, Nacho Cheese flavor.

These soy chips are crunchy and yummy - and they are nutritionally well-balanced with a lots of protein and fiber.

Many flavors to choose from. Actually, I don't like the Nacho Cheese one's as well because the ingredients don't seem as pure (I guess that Nacho flavor simply is not possible to acheive completely naturally!). The flavors I love are the Cheddar Cheese, Roasted Garlic and Onion, and Apple Cinnammon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2004, 04:15 PM   #3

thescaredest HB User

Instead of looking for a replacement of chips try a replacement snack. I started with cutting up apples or celery. In the beginning of adjusting to this new snack I used nut butters to help with flavor. Or hummus. Now I love to eat grapes too.....

If I were you the best way to eliminate something out of your diet is not to subsititute a "healthy" chip for a dorito like chip but to change your junk snack to a healthy snack. And it seems hard to believe but after a week or two you won't want chips at all you will be amazed at your new cravings!

Old 10-18-2004, 04:25 PM   #4

seawater HB User

I agree with thescaredest. While I was working I was addicted to Cheetos. I was eating them on the way to work, breaks, lunch and on the way home. Then when I got laid off, my appetite for them disappeared. I rarely eat them at all now.

Old 10-18-2004, 08:34 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

What you need to understand is that some of these "healthy chips" are just as healthy for you as an apple with cheese. In fact the Genisoy soy chips are actually lower in sugar, higher in fiber, higher in protein, and lower in fat that an apple with cheese. That's the whole point. (Don't misunderstand, I think fruit and cheese is a WONDERFUL snack option.)

I think it's great that these high quality snack foods are available and people would benefit greatly to take advantage of them. Read labels... be aware... then you KNOW what you are consuming.

Old 10-19-2004, 07:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. jdimassimo, I think I'd like to try the Genisoy Soy Crisps (roasted garlic and onion sounds so good). thescardest, I love celery and hummus so I'm definitely keeping that as a snack too. I used to eat whatever my mom had around the house and now that I finally got a place of my own, I'd like to be more responsible with what I eat and just feel more healthy in general. Thanks again!

Closed Thread