It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2004, 10:49 PM   #1

maura2005 HB User
dietttttttting

hey everyone
i'm maura

in the beginning of the year i was like 5'6'' and almost 150 pounds. i freaked out, so i started gettin into that athletic mood. i eat healthy and exercize and now i am in that 130-135 pound range. i think im a lot more muscle now. i still have this selfconciousness where i wanna loset weight tho. every day i walk 3 mile and run 3 miles.. and i eat 1500 calories. i do pretty good, but sometime on weekends when i see food i just like eat sooo much. like practically binge. im afraid im gonnaget fat. someone hhelp me.

also, how many calories do u think i should eat in a day.. what do u guys recommend?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2004, 03:26 AM   #2
Inactive

zip2play HB User
Re: dietttttttting

Congratulations Maura on a year well spent. I lost 20 also and I know how it feels. If you want to slow or stop your loss then you want to add more calories <don't cut back your exercise; it's good for you.> A good way is to give in to the weekend urges for one day each week and eat what you want. Lose the guilt and assess what a once-a-week pig out does to/for you. If it slows you to a pound a month loss or even STOPS it then assess how you want to continue.
A weekly gorge often gets the metabolism to forget it's starving and can therefore be a GOOD thing.
Keep up the good work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2004, 07:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

girlygirl11 HB User
Re: dietttttttting

Congrats on your weight loss!After you lose a bot, there is always that urge to keep losing- yopu have to fight that! You are in a completely healthy weight for your height, and even if it isnt all muscle, as you say, you are at a thin weight! Try not to lose much more, or better yet no more!

Since you excersise much more compared to me (same height as you), you should prolly eat a lil more than me, but you'll have to try for yourself. I eat around 2300 Calories a day, with 3 meals (600 Cals) and 2 snacks (one 300, one 250). When you increase your intake though, dont just jump to 2300ish. Go up over a short period of time, in intervals (ie/ add 500 Cals every 2-3 days). Hope this helps!

Closed Thread