It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2004, 09:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
So Awful!

I am so awful!
I have not overeaten in a very long time, but tonight I just had the urge and I couldn't stop it! I made a really good stir fry with tofu for dinner and afterwards I ate 2 fudge pops, a lot of chocolate covered soy nuts, a mini bag of m&ms, 1 kit kat stick, and 3 mini crunch bars!!!
I feel like I was out of control and now I am going to gain a ton of weight.
I don't ever usually eat candy or chocolate and I'm a very healthy eater.

Does this kind of night happen to you every once in a while? Or am I alone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2004, 09:33 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: So Awful!

eyyy i think i did worse, i had three pizzas and, half bag of chips..I was always a thin man kinda like a tooth pic, people now are starting to call me fatso..oyi..

i don't crave much sugar tho..

ps:my pizzas were home made-but, still (3) cripe..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2004, 10:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

That makes me feel a LITTLE bit better except for the fact that a) you are a man, b) the pizzas were probably small and c) I don't want to get fat.

I wish I did not go off the deep end. But it could have been worse, right? Gosh, I feel terrible. Thinking of cutting back big time tomorrow...

Old 11-06-2004, 05:31 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

LS, We have discussed this in other posts - it is not possible that you will gain weight from ONE night. It takes 3500 unburned calories to gain 1 lb, so if you binged on 1500-3000 calories you probably will not even gain 1 lb, and I doubt you ate 3500 calories.

What is more concerning than your fear of weight gain, is your intense evening carb cravings - and as I have mentioned to you this is a clear sign that your diet needs to be balanced. You have a tendency to starve yourself of carbs - and your body NEEDS them. Your cravings and binges are your body's signal that you need to make a change.

You have already posted that you lean on the side of undeweight so there is no logical reason why you should deprive yourself of carbohydrates. If you can't see a nutritional counselor, at least do some web research to learn more about the importance of carbohydrates in the diet.

I also recommend that you see a doctor - have some labs done and include a metabolic panel. There may be something else going on with your health that needs to be addressed.

Last edited by modert; 11-06-2004 at 11:34 AM.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:04 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

i know i know..
my pizzas were 8" in diameter..oyi..So yeah, i think i ate like a pig.

Old 11-06-2004, 11:36 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
i know i know..
my pizzas were 8" in diameter..oyi..So yeah, i think i ate like a pig.
I still think that 2000 calories worth of corn pasta was probably worse!

Old 11-06-2004, 11:53 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

lol..jdi..i guess i made you laugh..lol

but, people don't get it, im here to gain weight not lose or maintain..but, to gain, so yeah i have the right to eat alot and, everything i eat is homemade..like on my pizzas there was no meat..just veggies, olives, mushrooms..etc..so they were ok for me.. it was pizza night..eeyyy

Old 11-06-2004, 07:17 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

LoseC- eating three small pizzas is MORE than ok if you are trying to gain weight. You're golden!

JDimass- I totally agree with you. I'm sure that my cravings would subside if I ate more carbs, but it's very hard for me to do! I have a very strong fear of gaining weight.

Today was another day just like yesterday. I felt like I was eating out of control come dinner time. I was microwaving my fake "chicken nuggets" while munching on almonds and raisins and snacking on cheese slices. I felt like nothing could satisfy me, and even though I just ate dinner, I still feel unsatisfied. I have not felt this "out of control" in a very long time and it's scaring me because I do not want to start to gain weight! I'm sorry if I sound like a mess, but I really would like your help.

For lunch I had a big salad with lowfat feta, olives, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, turkey and fat free caesar dressing. Then I had a nonfat latte.
For dinner I had 8 fake chicken nuggets, steamed green beans, and pureed winter squash (plus the almonds and raisins and 3 cheese slices).

Old 11-06-2004, 07:24 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hi LS.. you'r not eating enough..but, then again you'r scared to put on wieght..i understand..
why am i 'golden'..??

Old 11-06-2004, 08:48 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

You're "golden" because you can eat 3 pizzas and that is fine. Haha. "Golden" means you're good to go!

I am eating enough-I am eating TOO MUCH! You can add to my list of tonight a medium frozen yogurt. I think that should top it off. I am dreading the scale tomorrow....

Old 11-06-2004, 08:56 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS289
I felt like nothing could satisfy me, and even though I just ate dinner, I still feel unsatisfied. I have not felt this "out of control" in a very long time and it's scaring me because I do not want to start to gain weight! I'm sorry if I sound like a mess, but I really would like your help.
Like I said, there may be a physical/medical problem that you are unaware of that is causing you to feel like this. And you may be associating this with your undereating and/or fear of weight gain, but it could be completely unrelated. Excessive hunger can be caused by a variety of things including diabetes, adrenal disorders, malnutrition or extreme vitamin/mineral deficiencies (one or several), dehydration, brain injuries, and more. If you have noticed that this change in appetite has come over you suddenly or has recently worsened substantially, you really need to see a doctor. When was the last time you had a medical examination? Lab work? You need to rule out anything serious, and then once you do, you can address your diet.

Edit: I should mention that sometimes a vitamin or mineral deficiency can make you feel like a drug addict in need of a fix. It can make you crazy and binge binge binge in hopes that you will somehow satsify this need that you have. But it's a shot in the dark if you don't know the exact cause.

Last edited by modert; 11-06-2004 at 08:58 PM.

Old 11-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

thanks LS..lol

Old 11-07-2004, 10:27 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User

Jdimass- I am going to a nutritionist this week and I'm hoping she'll be able to point out holes in my diet that are causing me to have these cravings. The thing is, it has not been a problem for a very long time and it just sprung up out of nowhere the past couple of days. I think it may have something to do with stress (have a big test on monday) and loneliness (all my roommates went to vegas, but i had to stay here to study for the test). This morning I made my usual- egg beaters and lowfat cottage cheese. I'm hoping that I can get back into my routine and stop this eating frenzy in its tracks. I also want to go WORKOUT today. That should make me feel better. I am 6' and 135lbs. I just want to maintain my weight so I'm hoping these past couple days do not cause me to gain.

Yesterday's final tally:
Greek Salad: lettuce, lowfat feta, avocado, tomato, olives, turkey, fat free caesar
Grande nonfat latte
Dinner: squash, green beans, 8 "fake" chicken nuggets
Snack: almonds, raisins, 2 tbs hummus, 3 kraft singles
Dessert: Medium Frozen Yogurt!

Old 11-08-2004, 08:01 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS289
Jdimass- I am going to a nutritionist this week and I'm hoping she'll be able to point out holes in my diet that are causing me to have these cravings.
Let us know how it goes.

Closed Thread