It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2004, 01:25 PM   #1
(male)

becksA HB User
Protein Bars for carb-crave control...tone muscles

I'm looking mostly for toning my muscles..plus sowly increasing my muscle mass. Every day I do a cardio workout, and after work I try and fit in a weight routine as well. I've learned from here to control my late night carb cravings I should be eating more throughout the day...which I have been. I also have learned protein is big in controlling hunger...but what's up with all the bars??? Which one? When do you eat them...how often...how much? How regularly?
Thanks!

Old 11-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Protein Bars for carb-crave control...tone muscles

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksA
I'm looking mostly for toning my muscles..plus sowly increasing my muscle mass. Every day I do a cardio workout, and after work I try and fit in a weight routine as well. I've learned from here to control my late night carb cravings I should be eating more throughout the day...which I have been. I also have learned protein is big in controlling hunger...but what's up with all the bars??? Which one? When do you eat them...how often...how much? How regularly?
Thanks!
Kashi cereal and shakes are a good choice because they are high in fiber, and have a moderate amount of protein in them. In addition, foods that are high in fiber helps one stay full longer, not to mention the protein. The Kashi cereal in the morning is good for staying full for a while, I advise the shake with an apple with peanut butter or something, and snack on veggies and fruits besides your sensible dinner. If you don't like that plan, there are MANY protein bars out there, it's just a matter of preference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2004, 03:17 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksA
Thanks!
Be careful with protein bars - many are just "glorified candybars." Look for protein bars that 20-30% of the calories from protein - usually 20-30 grams of protein but it depends on the total calories. Also read labels - you will find lots of garbage - you want to avoid the chemical ingredients, sugar, and sugar alcohols.

Old 11-08-2004, 03:32 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

i use the bars called eleve8 Me.. they are very good..

ciao

Closed Thread