It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2004, 08:02 AM   #1

mugsy HB User
Question Good Fish recipe? High Protein, Low cal/fat

Anyone got good suggestions for a baked fish meal that i can eat for dinner after my workout? Looking for something that is high in protien and low in fat and calories.

My primary goal at this point is fat loss so i need a light meal as i will going to bed approx. 2-3 hours after dinner.

Thanks in advance,

Mugsy

Old 11-16-2004, 11:43 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User
Re: Good Fish recipe? High Protein, Low cal/fat

The best fish recipe is to do nothing to it.

I love swordfish, halibut, sea bass, mahi mahi, etc - just squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top and broil. No oil or butter is needed because the fish is oily.

If you want you can sprinkle on some store-bought lemon pepper.

You can also grind some plain sliced or slivered almonds in a blender and sprinkle over the top. They will toast up in the broiler and add a little crunch.

For scallops, I do use a tiny bit of olive oil (1 tsp) and sprinkle with garlic powder.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2004, 05:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

I love fish!.....but not breaded. The only way you could make fish fattening and high in calories is to deep fry it and/or heavily bread it. I usually broil most of my fish. Fresh salmon is really good broiled and good for lowering your cholesterol too. I just spritz it with a little olive oil, salt, and garlic powder it. Then boil it for 11-12 min. with the skin side up, flip and broil the other side until crunchy...about 6-10 min. more.

For tin foil fish, use a mild fish like tilapia, flounder, or haddock. Spritz it with a little olive oil and place on tin foil. Brush with a little wine or soy sauce and a little hot chilli oil/paste. Put slivers of fresh ginger, fresh garlic, and green onion on top. Wrap and cook in a 400-450 degree oven until done. (The fish should flake and it's probable around 20 min.)

Old 11-22-2004, 05:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

How about a filet of Catfish sprinkled with cajun seasoning and browned quickly a couple minuutes on each sides in some butter.
Alternately, some Dover Sole or Flounder done in butter the same way (but no Cajun), and finished with a 1/2 ounce white vermouth the last 1/2 minute.. Careful turning...flatfish are fragile.

Ten minutes start to finish and you're eating gourmet...serve on a hot plate.

The stuff is PROTEIN WITH FINS!

Same will go for salmon (cook a little longer) and use DILL for the spice.

Last edited by Lenin; 11-22-2004 at 05:30 AM.

Closed Thread