It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2004, 09:36 PM   #1

Silver_Snake HB User
I'm totally new at this and totally confused.

Ok...I hope I'm doing this right...

But anyways. I consider myself fat. But then again, we all do. At school, most of my friends are like skinny freaks. One of them is even anoreix (sp?). So they joke around like oh you're so fat. Or you really need to be on a diet as jokes. And I start to feel a little uncomforable.

Also, I'm having some faimly issues. And there was a new girl at my school who convinced my best friend to turn all goth. So she cuts herself on her wrists, arms and even legs. And she's all cool to hang around with, but sometimes I feel akward like I should do something.

So, I think I'm fat. And I can't stick with diets. And I highly doubt my parents will buy me pills. So I'm leaning towards bluminc (sp?) or anoerix (sp?). And, I don't know why, when I'm near a knife or scissors, I have a sudden urge to cut myself.

I knida got off subject...but can you help me? I don't know what to do and lately I've been having suicidal thoughts...yeah. I don't think this deals with dieting does it????

Old 11-16-2004, 09:38 PM   #2

Silver_Snake HB User
Re: I'm totally new at this and totally confused.

Oops sorry. I didn't know this was the wrong board...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2004, 08:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

I really hope you aren't having these emotions because of a stupid weight problem. That can easily be fixed, unless you have an overeating disorder, then you can get help for that. Did you start a diet plan, or do you need help with one. Please get some help for this, if every time you see a pair of scissors you think about killing yourself!

Last edited by Jess75; 11-17-2004 at 08:06 AM.

Old 11-17-2004, 01:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

And, I don't know why, when I'm near a knife or scissors, I have a sudden urAnd, I don't know why, when I'm near a knife or scissors, I have a sudden urge to cut myself.

ge to cut myself.

Last edited by Jess75; 11-17-2004 at 01:24 PM.

Old 11-17-2004, 02:22 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

I don't think anorexia or bulemia are conditions you decide to have. If you are perceiving these conditions as an option to lose weight you are mistaken. Eating disorders are NOT diets.

I think you need to take a step back and look at the big picture. First and foremost, ARE you actually overweight? How much do you weigh? What size clothes do you wear?

Next, do you have the urge to cut yourself because your friends do it and you want to fit in or is it because you want to feel pain?

Finally, forget for a moment about "popularity" and what is "cool" and ask yourself if you really have a caring relationship with your friends. Do you truly care about each other's feelings and do you truly enjoy each other's company?

You really should speak with someone - a school counselor, parent, or other adult that you respect and trust. Share with them what you have shared here. Find out from an objective party if you really do have a weight problem or if your friends are misguiding you. And last but not least, evaluate your friendships and determine if they are enriching your life or hurting you.

Old 11-17-2004, 02:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicca
And, I don't know why, when I'm near a knife or scissors, I have a sudden urAnd, I don't know why, when I'm near a knife or scissors, I have a sudden urge to cut myself.

ge to cut myself.
Sorry, I was practicing again. Jd, can you explain to me how to cut and copy? Thanks

Old 11-17-2004, 02:56 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Sorry, I was practicing again.
No problem.

Quote:
Jd, can you explain to me how to cut and copy?
Well I will tell you what I do. I reply to the message as a quote by clicking the quote button in lower right corner of the message you are reading - it automatically places the message you are responding to in the quotation area. Then, if I want to break it into sections that I respond to one at a time, I copy the entire quote and paste it several times. Then I delete the text from each quote section that I want omitted from that section. To copy and paste simply select/highlight the text and press [CTRL] [C] to copy and then [CTRL] [V] to paste. Then always use "preview post" to be sure it looks correct!

Quote:
Thanks
Your welcome.

Old 11-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hahaha you guys are killing me..haha don't worry jess you'll get it..

i dunno about how to help you but if you need help we are here to help, k. bye

Old 11-17-2004, 05:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

....haha don't worry jess you'll get it..

Last edited by Jess75; 11-17-2004 at 05:08 PM.

Old 11-17-2004, 05:10 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdimassimo
No problem.

Well I will tell you what I do. I reply to the message as a quote by clicking the quote button in lower right corner of the message you are reading - it automatically places the message you are responding to in the quotation area. Then, if I want to break it into sections that I respond to one at a time, I copy the entire quote and paste it several times. Then I delete the text from each quote section that I want omitted from that section. To copy and paste simply select/highlight the text and press [CTRL] [C] to copy and then [CTRL] [V] to paste. Then always use "preview post" to be sure it looks correct!

Your welcome.
Then, if I want to break it into sections that I respond to one at a time, I copy the entire quote and paste it several

Old 12-06-2004, 11:39 PM   #11
(female)

balivion HB User

Anorexia and Bulemia are not something you can wake up on a sunny monday morning, and decide to indulge in. They are both conditions, that you really have no control over, and don't see the fact that you have a problem, or willingly admit before you start that you are going to do this. Cutting yourself, has nothing to do with being gothic, I have many friends who are gothic and do not cut themselves. That most generally comes from an inability to control yourself, and you take the pain as a way to control how you feel.
It sounds to me as if you are having problems fitting into your social group, and are looking for a way to have the spot light turned on you. So that you will get your best friend back. That may sound harsh, but that is the way it sounds to me.
If your friends are telling you, you are fat, because they are skinny, then they must not be very good friends, unless you are significantly overweight, and they feel you need help, a true friend will not belittle you like that.
I agree you need to evaluate your friends, and yourself. Get help from someone, and an outside opinion on your weight, if that will give you peace of mind.

Old 12-08-2004, 09:02 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Snake
Ok...I hope I'm doing this right...

But anyways. I consider myself fat. But then again, we all do. At school, most of my friends are like skinny freaks. One of them is even anoreix (sp?). So they joke around like oh you're so fat. Or you really need to be on a diet as jokes. And I start to feel a little uncomforable.

Also, I'm having some faimly issues. And there was a new girl at my school who convinced my best friend to turn all goth. So she cuts herself on her wrists, arms and even legs. And she's all cool to hang around with, but sometimes I feel akward like I should do something.

So, I think I'm fat. And I can't stick with diets. And I highly doubt my parents will buy me pills. So I'm leaning towards bluminc (sp?) or anoerix (sp?). And, I don't know why, when I'm near a knife or scissors, I have a sudden urge to cut myself.

I knida got off subject...but can you help me? I don't know what to do and lately I've been having suicidal thoughts...yeah. I don't think this deals with dieting does it????
Oh my goodness, where to begin!!

Firstly, you should talk to someone about your suicidal tendencies - it really is a cry for help. It sounds like you feel a bit isolated with no-one to connect with. Could you possibly speak to a school counsellor? If you don't want to you should call one of those teenlines at 1-800-SUICIDE.

Secondly, in regards to weight. what are you eating and what exercise are you doing?

Also, how is your school work going??

Closed Thread