It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 09:12 AM   #1
(male)

becksA HB User
Late Night Junkfood Cravings, how can i adjust my diet?

I've searched long and hard for a solution. I am at a healthy weight, 6'6", 200lbs...I have been working out quite hard for a good amount of time now. I get an hour at lunch to get to the gym, do a hard warmup shooting hoops and running around the court for about 10 mins, then lift for about 30 mins...After work, I go back to the gym and do my cardio, anywhere from 25 minutes to 45, preceded again by a hard warmup in the basketball court. I have lost the weight I wanted, and am in good health cardio-wise and definitly look healthy, but I'm trying to tone my abs and chest (mainly abs) to the point where it's "men's health magazine" type looking. With around 14 workouts a week, it's very frustrating that I can't get it. if anything, I still have a very slight gut just on the front, not the sides.
I can only account for this by my late night junk food and carb cravings. I take Adderall throughout the day for ADD which lowers my apetite, plus I'm working and not around a kitchen all day, so I eat very little...Usually a bowl of cereal before I leave for work or a bagel, nothing till lunch, when I'll have a sandiwch made for me at the gym on my way out of the lifting workout. After that, I'll have nothing until dinner after my after-work workout (the cardio workout).
Can I take a protein supplement or bar that will help calm these cravings? I thought those should be taken after WEIGHT lifting sessions (which I do at noon), so by the time 10pm rolls around, that's done and gone (the protein bar). can I take it after my cardio at night instead? Should I have one after each?
I really want to keep working out this hard, it's just very frustrating knowing if I could only not feast myself on junk late at night, I'd be rock solid.
thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 06:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User
Re: Late Night Junkfood Cravings, how can i adjust my diet?

Bigger meals or more small meals throughout the day. You're ony craving junk food, because you're body is hungry, it's the first thing on your mind, it's easily accessable, and it's a habit. Throw out the junk food or try to pick healthier junk food (Sound pretty stupid...I'm trying to say the less evil junk food.) in single servings. Another words...No chips, cake, or candy. Take pretzels and bag them in single serving bags, so you don't over eat. Try air popped popcorn. OR eat healthy snacks like 1 serving of nuts, fruit, or veggies.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LS289 HB User
Re: Late Night Junkfood Cravings, how can i adjust my diet?

Eat a big breakfast! It really works. If you skimp during the day, you will for sure have junk food cravings later on in the evening. I went to a nutritionist recently and she had me write down everything that I ate for a week. It was very interesting because the days that I did not eat breakfast (or just had a latte from Starbucks) I had a huge cluster of food towards the end of the day, instead of having my food be spaced out normallyl throughout the day. I'm a big advocate for breakfast!

Closed Thread