It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
(female)

Jogaholic HB User
soymilk before a race

Question for the runners here - has anyone ever drank soymilk as a pre-race snack? I'm running a Turkey Troy 5K tomorrow and just bought some of the individual ones - I usually avoid dairy products on race days..but have never tried soymilk as an alternative before one. Has anyone found any problems in trying this, or does it have the same effects on the stomach as dairy products do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2004, 08:53 AM   #2

llamamuffinmama HB User
Re: soymilk before a race

I'm not a runner, but a good friend who is drinks soymilk pre-race all the time. It seems to do _her_ body good. Since she switched from dairy products(she doesn't use them at all anymore and she's vegan now), her times are faster and her bone mass has gone up. So, I'd guess it wouldn't bother your stomach either, but everyone's different. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #3
(female)

tdot HB User
Re: soymilk before a race

I do triathlons and often drink soy-based beverage before a race. It's an amazingly balanced food especially for racing - mostly carb, but good protein and a little (good) fat.

Closed Thread