It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
(male)

CowboysFromHell HB User
Need Some Help With Eating Right

Recently I have been trying to get in shape, but I am not sure about the foods I eat. I have really cut down on fast foods, and not really drinking sodas and pop anymore. I'm 6'2.5-6'3, 170 pounds. I went on this website and it caculated my BFP, and it was 22 percent. Is that reliable? If not,, how do you get a reliable source/answer?

I have been starting to excerice, but I need help with foods. What should a person eat to maintain a healthy diet and get in shape?

Old 12-06-2004, 06:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: Need Some Help With Eating Right

Oh, one general recommendation I don't think anyone can argue too much with is to eat food as close to the way nature made them as possible. Fresh veggies and fruits, good meat/poultry/fish, whole grains . . . all minimally processed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2004, 11:30 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

yeah thats it..you got eat as natural as possible..

whole grains..good quality breads(i eat corn bread or, rice bread)
good quality muffins
good quality bagels
fruits veggies
milk(choose the one you like)
cheeses(good quality)
yogurts
dried fruits
nuts
penut butter
good quality meats
good quality fish(always fresh) >> forget frozen fish in boxes
good quality pasta
good brown rice
tuna..

reduce your intake of junk foods, try having a little bit on the weekends

try snacking on fresh fruits as much as possible, with cotage cheese

forget about everything thats prepared and, try to cook as much as possible all the things you'll eat..Voila

bye

Old 12-07-2004, 09:47 PM   #4
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

I mostly agree, LoseC, but I would advise NO milk, no dairy. And meat should be organic. These are maybe the two most important things I can advise you, and neither is easy. Organic meat can be expensive & hard to find, but it's worth it (do some research and you'll see why). Your body does not need milk, and pasteurized foods are toxic and hard to digest.

Remember what your grandma said about drinking 8 glasses of water every day? She was right. It's good for everything.

I have a lot of trouble eating right. I just take it one step at a time - add one thing until I get used to it, eliminate another thing and wait until I can survive without it. Trying to do it all at once will make you want to give up and go back to fast food!!

Old 12-08-2004, 06:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

If you're not going to eat any dairy products, then you better find alternate foods that have calcium in them. That means eating lots of brocoli. Whether you feel your body needs dairy products or not, it still needs calcium to prevent oestioporsis. It's the junk food you need to abolish from your diet like cakes, cookies, pies, candy, pastries, doughnuts, fast food, and chips.

Old 12-08-2004, 02:25 PM   #6
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

Yes, I agree we need calcium. Dairy products are not a good source, because although they have calcium in them, the pasteurization process kills the enzymes that help break it down and get absorbed by your system. Also, the acidity of pasteurized foods can actually cause calcium to be leached OUT of your bones. Your bloodstream maintains a constantly alkaline Ph, and when it's acidic it will "suck" calcium from your bones to stay alkaline.

Broccoli & other greens are a good source of calcium; so are nuts and soybeans. And avoiding junk food helps your bones, too.

Milk straight from a grass-fed cow is a natural, healthy food. Unfortunately, the milk we buy in the supermarket is a highly processed food. Our bodies don't easily recognize processed food and work overtime to digest it.

Old 12-17-2004, 02:57 PM   #7
(female)

JustK HB User

Green leafy vegetables, lean protein such as chicken, fish, turkey, eggs, low sugar fruits such as peaches, plums, and grapefruits and breads such as Ezekiel 4:9. Also, drink lots of water.

Closed Thread