It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2004, 05:57 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
Does anyone just feel plain yukky if you don't eat right or don't drink enough water?

Okay, I am not the model person as far as eating right and drinking plenty of water. On an average, I may drink 2-3 glasses of water a day, I don't eat right but I do take vitamins for the most part and some days, I feel just plain yukky, almost like a nauseated feeling, or headachy (mild) or something. Do you think this can be do to my eating lifestyle? I'm in my early 40's and sometimes I almost scared to eat because of fear of acid refux or these irritated tastebuds that I seem to get and don't even know why unless it's a food allergy or something. I hate to take medicine but I feel that alters the body natural way of healing itself. Any comments here? Thanks everyone!!

Old 12-08-2004, 06:24 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: Does anyone just feel plain yukky if you don't eat right or don't drink enough water?

ok if you'r scared of acid reflux, its because you are not eating natural..avoid what may trigger reflux..white vinegar.. white bread, cakes, pastries, these trigger lots of acid reflux.. cold cuts, canned soups, anything with crappy spices..your body wants only good food, when and, if you get reflux its a sign telling you "don't give me that food".. but unfortunatly people don't do that..they take pills and, keep eating the same food ove and, over again..so remember if you eat somtin and, it gives you burns or reflux..throw it away..

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-08-2004 at 06:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2004, 10:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Does anyone just feel plain yukky if you don't eat right or don't drink enough water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
ok if you'r scared of acid reflux, its because you are not eating natural..avoid what may trigger reflux..white vinegar.. white bread, cakes, pastries, these trigger lots of acid reflux.. cold cuts, canned soups, anything with crappy spices..your body wants only good food, when and, if you get reflux its a sign telling you "don't give me that food".. but unfortunatly people don't do that..they take pills and, keep eating the same food ove and, over again..so remember if you eat somtin and, it gives you burns or reflux..throw it away..
Losec, you know alot! Thanks!

Old 12-09-2004, 04:45 AM   #4
(male)

*~Neurophoria~* HB User

Feelings of guilt due to your food choices is psychological in nature and is re-enforced by the acid-reflux. Feelings of nasuea and headache sound more physical, and are symtoms of chronic acid reflux - especially when your esophagus is continually being irritated.

Best method to solve this;

1) Read, research and experiment. Become an mini-expert on acid reflux, the internet alone combined with a couple hours of study is enough for you to identify; what it is, how it works, what dietary changes work best and so on. Experiment by elimininating and substituting foods for a couple weeks.

2) If your mental guilt due to food choice is needing a solution - change your "unhealthy" food choices, and do it concurently with what you find works best to counter your acid reflux (ex..no/low citrus juices, spicy foods, coffee etc...) - the mental relief you will get from no more headaches/nausea/burning will help you psychologicaly stick with the healthier diet you have found works.

3) If this problem - heartburn - persists (even with intellegent dietary correction) than you may have some semi-permanent damage done to the lining of your esophagus - in which case seek medical treatment and diagnosis.

Old 12-09-2004, 06:11 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

lol..jess, I know..hehe

Old 12-09-2004, 06:12 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer1
I feel just plain yukky, almost like a nauseated feeling, or headachy (mild) or something. Do you think this can be do to my eating lifestyle?
Absolutely! When I travel or something is going on that I grab whatever and eat on the go . . . I feel run down in short order.

You have reached that golden age (about 40) when the bad eating habits of our standard American diet start to catch up with people. The good news is that it is never too late to turn things around. Start incorporating healthier food into your day, and I bet you will notice the difference. We are creatures of habit, so changing can be a little disconcerting, but I bet you will notice the payoff in a very short time (and I promise you will feel the difference especially if you fall off the wagon!).

Old 12-09-2004, 06:49 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Okay, I also have allergies and asthma and reading what foods can trigger of them alone and then worrying about acid reflux....gees...there's nothing left to eat! I mean seriously, what can I eat? They say that Benzoates can cause a reaction. They are in bananas, cake cereal, chocolate, dressings, fats, candy butter, milk, yeast, and dry potatoes. That just names one of many! So what is really considered a good healthy diet? I would REALLY like to know !

Old 12-09-2004, 07:32 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

just eat like the rainbow..and, select what goes best with you from there.

forget prepared stuff

Old 12-09-2004, 07:54 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Quote:
I mean seriously, what can I eat? They say that Benzoates can cause a reaction. They are in bananas, cake cereal, chocolate, dressings, fats, candy butter, milk, yeast, and dry potatoes. That just names one of many! So what is really considered a good healthy diet? I would REALLY like to know !
Okay, what are your food allergies? Are you looking at benzoates because of reflux? Do you know for sure YOU react to them? I often hear that eliminating milk and dairy products helps with reflux; plus grains for some people.

So are you okay with most veggies and fruits? legumes? meat/poultry/fish?

Old 12-09-2004, 11:16 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
Unhappy Re: Does anyone just feel plain yukky if you don't eat right or don't drink enough water?

Well, I'm not really a meat eater and I love fruit but the acid gives me mouth sores and veggies seem to agree with me except the bean thing. I was looking at the Benzotes (sp) because of maybe headaches and not so much of the acid reflux. Too much dairy is bad, but you need some for good health as far as yeast, so I don't know what I can eat. I am more concerned about the acid refux because I may have it at times and not know it and in the meantime my esophogus (sp) is being eaten away. THAT'S what scres me the most. Even eating toast with butter seems like it gives me a sensation (barely) of it being "cool" in my stomach.

Old 12-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #11
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

I definitely feel yukky if I don't drink enough water. Bleary, tired, spaced out, more aches & pains.

I usually drink about 6-8 large glasses of water per day (room temp. is better for you) and if I skip one I feel crazy thirst.

If you get into the water habit (build up to it, don't do it all at once), you'll find that you become "addicted" to it - and this is a GOOD addiction. It regulates everything in your body, your organs, your blood, your brain, your digestion, and cleanses out all that gunk in your lymph. Everything kind of slows down and clogs up without water "lubricating" it.

Oh yeah, and I would drink the filtered stuff, unless you have unusually good tap water in your town.

Old 12-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hey singer, what kind bread you are eating??

Old 12-10-2004, 05:37 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

Orowheat oat and nut and the other ones they have. I don't really eat white bread although I do bake alot and eat sweets like, cookies, chocolate (which I heard is good for you) etc... mostly the good junk food stuff. HAbit for a lonnnggg time!

Old 12-10-2004, 09:34 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
, I feel just plain yukky, almost like a nauseated feeling, or headachy (mild) or something. Do you think this can be do to my eating lifestyle?
If its not the side effect of a medical condition it could be food related. I mean the food IS the fuel for every single organ, every thought, every movement!! It MUST have an affect on the way we feel.

When I used to consume lots of coffee, candy, bagels. bread etc i had a constant headache. I think I had a headache my whole childhood!!! Couple eating crap with no water and you have a perfect kidney for creating headaches.

Maybe you need to completely overhaul your diet. Start off with simple foods and eat only them for a few days and then incorporate other foods one or two at a time to see how you feel. That way you can isolate what is causing you to feel this way.

Old 12-10-2004, 09:45 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntjudyg
You have reached that golden age (about 40) when the bad eating habits of our standard American diet start to catch up with people.
You are SO right!! Isn't it weird how we can spend our entire teens and twenties eating complete crap, drinking beer all night and then all of a sudden when you hit 30 or so your body is like, "ooh, no - no more!"

Closed Thread