It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Do you guys do this..??

yeah, well hehe everytime i go shopping for food i got this bad habit of looking at what the others buy(food)..its really funny cuz im always laughing..i mean when i look at the stuff i buy, everything is good and, healthy..its mostly fruits and, veggies and, meats..when i look at the others(most of them)..they all buy lots of junk..really not necesary..its like their carts are filled with junk, with hardly any fruits and, veggies..ahhh..loooool i guess these don't know much about healthy eating..i wish i could help them..but, i guess we good guys can't do much about it..lol
are you guys like this too?? maybe ...Jess.. ..am i over doing it..???

Old 12-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Re: Do you guys do this..??

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I do the same thing and I notice it especially when I'm shopping at Giant Eagle. It bothers me to no end too. I see alot of chips, SODA, cookies, white breads, and it's very disturbing. I guess I kept the "observing" thing kind of repressed or hidden, but I have to admit, YES I do notice this and it's very sad. It's no wonder why there are so many more people getting diseases in the U.S compared to like Japan and stuff. Don't people read the paper or watch the news about how dangerous all this junk is? I guess they don't care, so what am I to do but to bring up my child to eat as healthy as she wants. Whatever

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2004, 08:14 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

hehe Jess.. you'r the "BOMB" lol.. i knda had a feeling about you responding that way..hehe ..lol. Well lets hear more..Cmon guys

Old 12-10-2004, 09:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

Hahaha. i've noticed that too.

I put my stuff on the conveyor belt and its mainly bags of veggies, can or 2 of beans, cat food, soy milk, free-range eggs, tofu products and then when I put the divider down the person behind plonks down a HUGE bag of animal parts, liters and liters of coke, handfuls of cool-aid, white bread, frozen ready meals, cans of Chef Boyadee, ketchup etc!!! I just stand there wondering, "where the hell is your food?" coz really most people don't buy food, they buy science projects!!

Old 12-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

veggie girl HB User

I think most people don't have a CLUE how to eat. And I pretty much think most people don't READ!!!

I think its part of a larger intellectual apathy in the US.

People are very knowledgeable about the latest sneakers, Britneys daily activities and whatever is happening on the popular tv shows but ask them about what is going on in other countries and they don't know, ask them about any recent scientific breakthroughs, they don't know, or ask them about WHY junk food is bad and they don't know.

On the movie "Super Size Me" a couple of young guys were telling the cameraman proudly that they eat at McDonalds EVERY DAY but they're not fat because they work out, and therefore, they must be healthy. But, in their small minds they had no CLUE about the affects to their livers, kidneys etc. I was thinking "have you EVER read anything - even a magazine you numbskull??"

Dietary health info is SO accessable that I'm amazed that so few know. Its as though we were under a communist regime and the govt was hiding all the 'eat healthy' literature!!! hahaa

Last edited by veggie girl; 12-10-2004 at 09:18 AM.

Old 12-10-2004, 12:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Magpiezoe HB User

I do that too, but in a slightly different manner. I get jealous of the healthy looking senior citizens with all the TV dinners, high fat items, and junk food....Thinking, gee, "How did they get to that age eating all that junk and I can't?" It must be the genes.

The real fun starts when other people look at my food. I get comments from over-weight people wanting to know how I can eat all that fruit and not gain weight. I just smile and say, "exercise?" What I really want to say is, "I don't eat a whole bag of chips in one sitting or lots of sweets." Then there's also the fun when my 6 year old is with me and comments on how he can't wait to dig into the salmon or the raw peppers. Boy, do I really get stares and smiles then.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:32 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Cool Re: Do you guys do this..??

oh christ guys, what makes me crack up even more is when i see people with expensive cars eating hot-dogs..hahahahahahaha..its like they spend their money on everything else and, don't care how much anything costs..but, if you tell them to buy a better bread..say a 4.00$ or 5.00$ bread and, they will freak out and, say "its to expensive"..arrgg.. it sucks to see all this stuff going on..i wonder if these people really deserve my help and, time.. Nope let them suffaaaa...

Old 12-27-2004, 10:48 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

i just came back in here to re-read everything..wow veggiegirl..and, magie..i agree at a 100%.. .. keep it up guys

Closed Thread