It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diet & Nutrition Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2004, 03:33 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
You are what you eat..

this all makes sense to me..

The Bear's instructions for good health are simple. If you follow the following two points of advice and most common ailments will become a thing of the past. How much is that worth to you?

According to the Labor Department, the United States economy loses an average of 3.6 billion dollars a year in lost productivity as a result of common ailments such as colds, flu and inflections. The average worker loses over 12.4 earning days per year at cost of $1,317.68 to the family budget. The average child loses an average of 11.2 days of school each year. Most of the time an adult must care for the sick child.

Add these losses to the huge expense of doctor fees, prescription and over-the counter medicines, and you have a big strain on the family budget. Feeling sick and lousy at the most inconvenient times is not only hard on the wallet, it also places a strain on the community, friends and family.

Are you ready to change all this? You can feel great and become more productive with the Bear's simple(?) advice:

Throw out everything in your kitchen that is made by man

If it comes in a box, can or package - throw in the garbage can or give it to your worst enemy. Nearly all these things are made with harmful chemicals or are absolutely unhealthy.

Thousands of products are edible according to bureaucrats at the Food & Drug Administration. Some are even palatable and some are good for you. But rather than fighting the daily battle trying to figure out which ones are good or bad, simply thrown them all out. Your grocery budget will drop by 70% overnight.

According to some estimates, 71% of the cost of processed food is consumed by expensive advertising and fancy packaging. You cannot eat either one. Therefore, nearly three-quarters of your food budget is spent for non-food items.

Eat only what Mother Earth provides

You are what you eat. You are made from the Earth. The Mother wishes for you to be in harmony with her. If you eat what man sells you in a box, package or can, you are not in harmony because of the harmful chemicals. Non-processed fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs, beans, grains and other natural foods carry a "life force" within them. The living cell within the fresh plant provides not only valuable nutrients, but electromagnetic energy that excites cells in your body.

Our general rule is, food made by or processed by man is not good for you. Modern food processing is not the technological blessing we are led to believe. Most people would be appalled and sickened if they were to take a tour of most modern food processing plants today.

What about vitamins in processed food?

Don't fall for the phony television advertising and the fancy words on packages that say "Vitamin C added" or "Vitamin Enriched". Yes, there is a substance included the marketers call vitamins, but in reality the substance is a chemical look-alike. These chemicals do not contain 'life force' energy - they are dead plastic look-alikes.

Do not eat white processed foods, like sugar, table salt and flour

Do not eat anything made with these substances. We call them substances because they arrive at your dining table in altered states due to heavy processing. Most of these products are bleached and contain little if any nutritional value. In fact, they breed diseases, reduce the effectiveness of your immune system, and add unwanted empty elements to your diet.

Your body needs salt, so replace table salt with sea salt or Celtic salt. It is a bit more expensive but the benefits are tremendous when compared to table salt and you will use a lot less sea salt than table salt. The manufacturers of table salt remove a very important element during processing. Magnesium is vital to the body's production of natural calcium. The table salt guys remove it to sell to ammunition plants at a much higher price than they can get from the consumer.

Replace white flour with unbleached wheat or corn flour. Read the labels closely. If the wheat or corn flour has additives to increase shelf life, give the processors a chance to see how long it can stay on the shelf - do not buy it.

Replace processed sugar with honey, sorghum, molasses or pure cane sugar. Honey should not be given to children under one year of age. Do not purchase items made with sugar - period. Again, read the label.

The multi-billion dollar food packaging industry, including fast food restaurants are not interested in providing good nutrition - they are interested in providing an edible products that sell. Pretty packages, colorful stores, soothing music all designed to get your money fast. For example, McDonald's restaurant chain buys beef from South America where they use hormones on cattle and pesticides on feed plants. Why? Money. It is cheaper to buy beef from South American than buy from U.S. cattlemen.

This advice may seem to be an unjustified attack on the modern food industry because many good nutritional products are available. But, in today's sell, sell, sell world, can you really be sure of what you buy is actually good for you?

Our approach is a departure from modern thinking and requires some sacrifices. For example, food gathering and preparation time will increase and thus it is more inconvenient than zapping a quick dinner in the microwave.

Modern thinking says, "If it is easy, it must be better." Preparing tasty and nutritionally sound meals using raw vegetables, fruits, grains and nuts is not as time consuming as the food packaging industry would have you believe. What good is it if we save 20 minutes preparing a meal and lose 20 years over a lifetime to sickness and early death?

In order to reverse this harmful trend, a radical change in our lifestyle is required. Family gardens need not be a thing of the past. Buying fresh fruits, vegetables from local growers is not impossible. Remember to wash all raw foods several times before eating them. Farmers still have not learned ways to control insects without using dangerous pesticides.

Eat only what Mother Earth provides and you will live a healthier, more productive and happier life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

..wow..i found that pretty interesting..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2004, 03:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User
Thumbs down Re: You are what you eat..

I have to agree with EVERYTHING that is said. Although they do say eat bread/wheat, and other websites say not to eat it. See, like I said it's all conflicting info when it comes to bread and whole grains. The thing that sucks about these manufacturers is that they are money hungry and sticking a very harmful substance called hydrogenated oils in virtually all their products. It makes me sick, and apparently it's making many others sick literally! And all the preservatives that are put in many foods, yuk! And the problem is, many people don't even know how bad trans fats and preservatives are for them. They have no idea that its's ruining their health, at least I don't think they know. I bet if everyone ate "whole foods" that many diseases wouldn't even exist, MANY!! OH well, how can we get the word out, because these people aren't doing research like all of us are. Then again, I really think some people don't care.

Old 12-19-2004, 04:08 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User
Re: You are what you eat..

exactly jess.. people don't care, actually people don't know. ..lol. oh well just thought id share..
well it does also say to use corn flour..tis betta for da brain.. imo/

Last edited by Losec20mg; 12-19-2004 at 04:12 PM.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:35 AM   #4
(male)

lugter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losec20mg
this all makes sense to me..

The Bear's instructions for good health are simple. If you follow the following two points of advice and most common ailments will become a thing of the past. How much is that worth to you?

According to the Labor Department, the United States economy loses an average of 3.6 billion dollars a year in lost productivity as a result of common ailments such as colds, flu and inflections. The average worker loses over 12.4 earning days per year at cost of $1,317.68 to the family budget. The average child loses an average of 11.2 days of school each year. Most of the time an adult must care for the sick child.

Add these losses to the huge expense of doctor fees, prescription and over-the counter medicines, and you have a big strain on the family budget. Feeling sick and lousy at the most inconvenient times is not only hard on the wallet, it also places a strain on the community, friends and family.

Are you ready to change all this? You can feel great and become more productive with the Bear's simple(?) advice:

Throw out everything in your kitchen that is made by man

If it comes in a box, can or package - throw in the garbage can or give it to your worst enemy. Nearly all these things are made with harmful chemicals or are absolutely unhealthy.

Thousands of products are edible according to bureaucrats at the Food & Drug Administration. Some are even palatable and some are good for you. But rather than fighting the daily battle trying to figure out which ones are good or bad, simply thrown them all out. Your grocery budget will drop by 70% overnight.

According to some estimates, 71% of the cost of processed food is consumed by expensive advertising and fancy packaging. You cannot eat either one. Therefore, nearly three-quarters of your food budget is spent for non-food items.

Eat only what Mother Earth provides

You are what you eat. You are made from the Earth. The Mother wishes for you to be in harmony with her. If you eat what man sells you in a box, package or can, you are not in harmony because of the harmful chemicals. Non-processed fresh vegetables, fruits, nuts, herbs, beans, grains and other natural foods carry a "life force" within them. The living cell within the fresh plant provides not only valuable nutrients, but electromagnetic energy that excites cells in your body.

Our general rule is, food made by or processed by man is not good for you. Modern food processing is not the technological blessing we are led to believe. Most people would be appalled and sickened if they were to take a tour of most modern food processing plants today.

What about vitamins in processed food?

Don't fall for the phony television advertising and the fancy words on packages that say "Vitamin C added" or "Vitamin Enriched". Yes, there is a substance included the marketers call vitamins, but in reality the substance is a chemical look-alike. These chemicals do not contain 'life force' energy - they are dead plastic look-alikes.

Do not eat white processed foods, like sugar, table salt and flour

Do not eat anything made with these substances. We call them substances because they arrive at your dining table in altered states due to heavy processing. Most of these products are bleached and contain little if any nutritional value. In fact, they breed diseases, reduce the effectiveness of your immune system, and add unwanted empty elements to your diet.

Your body needs salt, so replace table salt with sea salt or Celtic salt. It is a bit more expensive but the benefits are tremendous when compared to table salt and you will use a lot less sea salt than table salt. The manufacturers of table salt remove a very important element during processing. Magnesium is vital to the body's production of natural calcium. The table salt guys remove it to sell to ammunition plants at a much higher price than they can get from the consumer.

Replace white flour with unbleached wheat or corn flour. Read the labels closely. If the wheat or corn flour has additives to increase shelf life, give the processors a chance to see how long it can stay on the shelf - do not buy it.

Replace processed sugar with honey, sorghum, molasses or pure cane sugar. Honey should not be given to children under one year of age. Do not purchase items made with sugar - period. Again, read the label.

The multi-billion dollar food packaging industry, including fast food restaurants are not interested in providing good nutrition - they are interested in providing an edible products that sell. Pretty packages, colorful stores, soothing music all designed to get your money fast. For example, McDonald's restaurant chain buys beef from South America where they use hormones on cattle and pesticides on feed plants. Why? Money. It is cheaper to buy beef from South American than buy from U.S. cattlemen.

This advice may seem to be an unjustified attack on the modern food industry because many good nutritional products are available. But, in today's sell, sell, sell world, can you really be sure of what you buy is actually good for you?

Our approach is a departure from modern thinking and requires some sacrifices. For example, food gathering and preparation time will increase and thus it is more inconvenient than zapping a quick dinner in the microwave.

Modern thinking says, "If it is easy, it must be better." Preparing tasty and nutritionally sound meals using raw vegetables, fruits, grains and nuts is not as time consuming as the food packaging industry would have you believe. What good is it if we save 20 minutes preparing a meal and lose 20 years over a lifetime to sickness and early death?

In order to reverse this harmful trend, a radical change in our lifestyle is required. Family gardens need not be a thing of the past. Buying fresh fruits, vegetables from local growers is not impossible. Remember to wash all raw foods several times before eating them. Farmers still have not learned ways to control insects without using dangerous pesticides.

Eat only what Mother Earth provides and you will live a healthier, more productive and happier life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

..wow..i found that pretty interesting..
GREAT information. You should post it under GENERAL HEALTH too. Maybe you can reach some more people there, and turn them away from the dark side. LOL Seriously you should!

Old 12-20-2004, 07:30 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

Man, oh, man, Lose, you're on a roll, lately!!!

I loved that report that came out . . . when was it? . . . this spring? last spring? talking about transfats and saying how bad they are. Some where in the report it said it would be impossible for Americans to eliminate transfats altogether because they are in so many foods. Now, maybe I'm missing something here . . . but couldn't they just add something else? You don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I'm fond of quoting someone from another board who loves to say that Americans spend more time investigating their next car than they do looking into the food they eat. It is amazing how ingrained prepared foods have become. Most people couldn't even conceive of living without them.

Old 12-20-2004, 07:46 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugter
GREAT information. You should post it under GENERAL HEALTH too. Maybe you can reach some more people there, and turn them away from the dark side. LOL Seriously you should!
the dark side..lol
that is exactly the way i see it

Old 12-20-2004, 11:17 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

oh and, aunty..about the car thingy, i think that was me..its when i see the richer people with expensive cars..lol eating hot-dogs..lmao..i mean atleast stop to get a chicken salad...like jess does..

Old 12-20-2004, 12:10 PM   #8

HobbZ HB User

Very logical and sensible report. Its a pity that modern society has become fully dependant on what should truly be called junk food (no not only McD's but all the packaged and canned stuff too)

Old 12-22-2004, 09:03 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Losec20mg HB User

yes it is sad..its like people don't even pay attention to whats good for their health..they go straight for the junk..lol

gtg
ill be back later

Closed Thread